LT1 spark plug wires....stock or over the valve cover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1 spark plug wires....stock or over the valve cover

Okay its time for wires and I am told the replacement is a big time PITA.
    How much easier is the OVC setup to install and where can you get direct install wire kits without having to splice and all that crap.
    Also are the OVC type more aftermarket header friendly, I might be doing headers soon.
    1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
    Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
    Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

I have a buddy of mine with the OVC's and he says they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. He also has Hooker long tubes so I know they work. I don't know how much crap he had to go through to install them though, so can't answer that one.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

OVCs are meant for headers. You will burn them up if you try it with stock manifolds as they will lay right on them.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
      X