Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have questions, need answers. (loudmouth)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have questions, need answers. (loudmouth)

i am to be the new owner of a 98 z28. i want to get the slp loudmouth exhaust. but i also want to buy headers and i've heard that can be a problem. i've heard the loudmouth exhaust system sounds unbearably loud when combined with long tubes. i've also heard the sound tends to drone extremely loud. is what im hearing true? if it is does anyone have any suggestions as to how i could get a sound like the loudmouth w/headers but not horrendously loud?

Originally posted by slp 4 me
    i am to be the new owner of a 98 z28. i want to get the slp loudmouth exhaust. but i also want to buy headers and i've heard that can be a problem. i've heard the loudmouth exhaust system sounds unbearably loud when combined with long tubes. i've also heard the sound tends to drone extremely loud. is what im hearing true? if it is does anyone have any suggestions as to how i could get a sound like the loudmouth w/headers but not horrendously loud?
    Check out www.ls1sounds.com for some clips . If you're worried about the sound, you could always order the LoudMouth 2
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

big fan of slp shorties, thats what i have on my car, bigger fan of hooker headers, but ya get what ya pay for you dead set on long tubes? i personally would go the shortie route, but depends on what your goals for the car are also, im assuming its your DD.

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
      www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

Originally posted by brynnda
        big fan of slp shorties, thats what i have on my car, bigger fan of hooker headers, but ya get what ya pay for you dead set on long tubes? i personally would go the shortie route, but depends on what your goals for the car are also, im assuming its your DD.
        Most LS1 owners aren't real fans of shorties, from what I've seen. LT's are preferred.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

yeah it's a daily driver. i'm kinda want long tubes but if there is something else out there that may be better i'll consider it.

Comment

I have SLP's L/T's w/ the Loudmouth on my SS, and the sound isn't unbearable, nor do I notice any drone. There was a drone when I had just the Loudmouth, but IMO, the headers alleviated that. As for the sound, I think the headers improved it, and above about, say 4K RPM, she screams

Personally I like the sound of my SS.
            '99 SS, #1392 Onyx Black/Neutral leather; M6; T-Tops; SLP Options: Perf. Exhaust; Key Fobs; Plaque

Mods.; SLP L/T's; SLP Y-Pipe; Random Tech High-Flow Cats; SLP Loudmouth; PRO 5.O w/ Lou's Short Stick; MTI Airlid w/ K&N; Hotchkiss STB; OPTIMA Red Top; Chrome ZR1's

Comment

Working...
            X