ls1 engine dress up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ls1 engine dress up?

this might come off as a stupid question but i am picking up my first f-body next week. a 98 z28. so i should be excused of bashing if i'm wrong on this. but i was wondering if i could use this

http://www.corvetteamerica.com/cf/di...ategoryid=X071

on my engine as well. i am thinking this is possible because it is basically the same engine ( both ls1 ). is it or am i wrong? or would anyone know a chrome dress up kit for my engine?

I honestly cannot tell you whether it would work on your car or not but I did see a 04 Z06 vette at a car show that looked identical to the picture of the vette you posted except it was red. It even had the pad things on the inner fender wells. It did look nice but IMHO all of that stuff would be such a PITA to take off to do work on your car or to do mods.
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

A few pieces might fit but not most items. There are very few chrome pieces for under the hood for the LS1 that fit an F-Body.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
      KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

I think what Kev meant to say is that there are very few Vette pieces that will fit an F-Body. Probably the LS1 engine related stuff is good to go and maybe a few of the cap covers might fit, but you could probably get most of the stuff you want independently of that kit and end up with more stuff that fits w/o the waste of having Vette-specific parts laying around afterward.

Comment

You should try looking at different sites, search yahoo, ebay and places like summitracing.com

They mgiht have a kit already there for you. But I agree that buying vette specific parts might leave you with some leftover items that wont fit.
          -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Working...
          X