a mailbox story--cause I read about Spalding below

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a mailbox story--cause I read about Spalding below

Sorry-I have the classic mailbox story. About 1978, my ex and I were looking at Firebirds, and decided to take a test drive. Now my ex had never driven anything bigger than a totally underpowered 305, and this bird had the 400 CI (I think), shaker hood and all. Well, it was raining, and we took it out for teh test drive-the salesman didn't go along. We were on a two lane road, to make a left turn onto teh road back to teh dealer. My ex was driving, streets were wet, she starts her turn and a car comes over the hill. She hits the gas we do a zippity zee doo circle across teh road into teh grass, and run down a mailbox belonging to a nice little old lady (I can still hear the crunch under the car from teh mailbox dismembering as we drove over it). The ex turned white--I sat there stunned. I ended up replacing teh lady's mailbox in a driving rain. No damage to teh car (at least visible) and when I called the dealer I think he probably had a stroke til we got back and he could see the car wasn't destroyed. Wasn't funny at teh time but I look back now and still remember her white knuckles on the wheel and the look on teh dealers face, and it cracks me up.
    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

I had a '97 S-20 2wd that a friend with a '97 Ram 4x4 used to tease me about. We were driving in a bad snow storm and I look in my mirror and there is his 4x4 spinning around and up over a curb. I turn around to see if he's ok and I notice a mailbox that looked plowed over with grass showing through the ruts that he mad around it. He cracked an aluminum rim and we had to put the spare on the truck. The next morning we were replacing an old ladies mailbox. I still laugh at him after he thought his truck was so tough. I guess that's the difference between bald tires on his truck and studded snows on mine.

Andy
    '94 Formula M6, XE224/230 w/1.6 RR's, hardened pushrods, Comp R lifters, SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech cat., Flowmaster cat-back, CSI water pump, vented opti, PCM tuning by Spraytheway, BMR k-member, SFC's, DSL, LCA's & brackets, adj. PHR
    339 RWHP, 341 RWTQ
    '00 S-10 ZR2

Comment

Umm.... I'm not willing to share my mailbox stories.....

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Working...
      X