exhaust manifolds still glowing im scared now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust manifolds still glowing im scared now

ok so my passenger manifold glows red hot after like 15 min of driving. my cat is completing cleaned out and i rechecked it. there is no more of the honeycomb in it. air filters are good. no check engine light or service engine soon light. coolant is full in resovoir, and in radiator. the inside of my exhaust pipes were completly jet black so i know its not running lean. i am having a scan done on it tomorow and they are taking the car on a ride with the scanner. i have run out of possible things that could be wrong. can anyone help me out?

i thought it might have been jsut because my trans was bad so it was slipping and got so hot it heated up the manifolds. but i jsut got antoher trans in today.

any help is greatly appreciated.
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

The scan will tell you if you have a fuel problem - and give clues if your O2 sensor is OK, hints towards a vacuum or exhaust leak fooling the sensors or if you have a leaky injector. You may have to do some more troubleshooting to narrow it down, but you definitely need a scan to give you some direction where to look. Otherwise you can always swap sensors & injectors side to side, look for exhaust leaks, etc that can be causing it.

Comment

i have a preddy bad exhaust manifold leak??? could this be it? i can hear it.
      1994 firebird formula

Comment

That would account for fueling issues....... You need to put it on a scanner to see what's actually happening. Most likely, unburned fuel is igniting in the manifold which would account for glowing manifolds. The excess fuel is likely due to the false lean created by the exhaust leak, the computer sees the extra oxygen and interprets it as lean and adds fuel.

Comment

so this is an excuse for some headers? hmmmm
          1994 firebird formula

Comment

Originally posted by redbird94
            so this is an excuse for some headers? hmmmm
            Lookin at your sig, headers are next in line!!!

Comment

correcto............
              1994 firebird formula

Comment

Working...
              X