Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need quick track advice.

I have stock gears.

I am running my car at the track tomorrow. Has anybody needed to shift to 4th? Judging from stock car traps, I think I would be close to needing to shift near the end of the track, but I don't want to lose that time shifting to 4th. Should I just push it in 3rd?
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Just push it in 3rd. It's been my experience that most f-bodies don't need 4th unless they've gone to 4.10's.

Of course if you get there and that's not the case, use 4th.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

which track are you going to?
      2006 Saturn Ion Redline
      2003 Mits. Eclipse Spyder

Comment

Milan dragway.. Race warriorz.

http://www.ihra.com/streetwarriorz/homepage.html

I haven't been in a while. It was dumpy before, but it's under new ownership and it has been totally redone. I Hear it's pretty nice!
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
          Just push it in 3rd. It's been my experience that most f-bodies don't need 4th unless they've gone to 4.10's.

Of course if you get there and that's not the case, use 4th.

hmmm maybe thats where my problem lies, always shift to 4th when im at like 5600 but i still have 500 before rev limiter... hmm ill try that next time

Comment

Working...
          X