rims

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rims

Does anyone know if these rims will fit my camaro? I don't know alot about rims......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2430866121

-fly

No, they won't fit.

They have a front wheel drive offset.... too much negative offset (40mm).

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Well.... 40mm offset puts the outside of the 17x7 wheel almost exactly where the stock wheel sits, but since they are 1" narrower than a stock Z28 wheel, they will have 1" less backspace.

The problem is the bolt circle is not correct. The 3rd and 4th Gen F-Bodys require 5 x 4.75" bolt circle (120.65mm). These wheels are 5 x 100mm or 5 x 114.3mm, so they will NOT fit.

You also don't want a 7" wide rim.... way too narrow for a 3,500# Camaro. You want at least an 8" wide rim, and for max grip and performance, a 17x9 or 17x9.5" wide rim.

The other problem with a 7" wide rim is that you would be limited to 225/45-17 tires, and they are so narrow they would probably not look good, or provide any improvement in handling. They are also only 25" diameter, and would screw up the speedometer unless you reprogrammed.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Thanks, Fred....

I figured you'd pop in on that one...

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

lol ok thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
          X