rumbling noise (wheel bearing ?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rumbling noise (wheel bearing ?)

i think i have a wheel bearing on its way out due to a rumbling and vibration coming from the whole car mainly at low speeds below 65 mph. my question is a guy i know is parting out late model f-bodys and i was gona ask him for the front hub units to relpace mine will any year fit my car or has it got to be 93 only?
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Most times the rumbling is from the tires. Bad front hubs are rare but not out of the question. They are the same from 93-97.

Comment

the tyres are fairly new and i have just had them balanced. the rumble is more pronounced at low speeds and a vibration can be felt through the throttle pedal and floor. the rear tyres are about a year old kumos but are quite worne is there any thing else in the drive line that could cause such a rumble and vibration?
      http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
      C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
      mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Jack up the front end, put some jack stands under it for safety. Grab hold of each of the front wheels and check for any play in the bearings.... also spin them. if the bearings are toast, you'll know it pretty quick. If they are bad, at least it's an easy swap. the bearings are a sealed hub with integrated abs sensors. After the wheels are off, unbolt the caliper and hang it out of the way with a coat hanger, remove the rotor, unclip the abs sensor connector on the backside of the hub, unbolt the 4 bolts on the backside of the hub and the hub/bearing assembly pops right out. Assemble in the reverse order and you're good to go. They aren't cheap though..... if memory serves me, about $140 each.

Comment

Working...
        X