*N*F*B*: I'm hurting...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *N*F*B*: I'm hurting...

Just started going back to the gym recently... and I'm starting to feel the after effects of it all. It's been so long since I've worked out (about 2 years, now) and I think I forgot what it was like when your first starting out, again.

I really didnt think I was this out of shape... lol

Anyways, quick question to the gym-buffs... (I know wolfman for one)

Is there any suppliments you guys use? Protien shakes? Creatin? ... Steroids? lol

Been doing it since 76..... the best thing you can do is make sure you have a proper diet. Yes there are suppliments, but IMHO those should only be used in a pinch. You should be taking in food every couple of hours, lots of water and plenty of rest. I'm sure there are those that will endorse protein shakes and other stuff.... but proper nutrition is the hardest part of the equation. Lifting weights is the easy part.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      Been doing it since 76..... the best thing you can do is make sure you have a proper diet. Yes there are suppliments, but IMHO those should alony be used in a pinch. You should be taking in food every couple of hours, lots of water and plenty of rest. I'm sure there are those that will endorse protein shakes and other stuff.... but proper nutrition is the hardest part of the equation. Lifting weights is the easy part.

True enough... lots of chicken, and lean meat. I'm a pretty picky eater, and dont eat vegtables, so I try to raise the ammount of fruits I eat.. but its still not enough... thats why I ask for relative substitions.

Comment

I totally agree about the diet component. If you don't already, you really should have five to six smaller meals over the course of the day. The one thing not mentioned that is very important is rest. Your body needs that time to recover and heal. Also if you are just in it to get into shape and nothing competative then the supplements and stuff really wont matter.
        97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
        In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Body Building Forum

This is a good forum, much like this one, but for body building

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Theres alot of supplements. However you should stick to protein supplements and meal replacements until youve been back in the game for a while. Otherwise youll be putting alot of stress on your body that it cant handle. You may want to look into glucosamine for your joints though. As far as steroids go, i dont recommend them to anyone. If you read the bodybuilding magazines, those guys drop left and right. It seems like every month theres a tribute to someone. Then however you may say well look at Arnold. Hes an anomaly. That man is truly one of a kind. So dont think cus he did that you could. Like the other guys said 5-6 smaller meals a day. Instead of the usual three large ones. Hey if youve got any questions you can shoot me a pm or post again. Ive been doing this stuff years, i love to share the knowledge ive gained with people that truly want to know.
            ~~~The Twisted One~~~

My 30th is gone but soon a new era will begin.

Comment

wolfmans diet:

lots of water.

each day (most of this i put in a blender by emptying the capsules (hate taking "plastic") all into the blender with a can of slim fast in there)

morning:

gnc ultra mega gold
              royal jelly (gel caps)
              peak atp (gel caps)
              scoop of whey protien
              mushroom extract
              taurine
              amino acid complex
              green tea extract
              c0Q10
              tribulus extract
              dhea

before lunch and the gym:

nitrate transducer (muscle pump and strength) liquid, 3000mg hits you right away instead of crushing up tabs and drinking 90 before hand.

Rock Star Engergy Drink (the best)

after gym and during lunch:

`16oz water with B100 cap disolved in it and
              tribulus extract
              peak atp jell cap
              2 scoops of whey protien
              2 amino acid comlex caps disolved in the water also

dinner. eat a small dinner, no fat, but eat carbs. remember, your body does nothing with dinner but let it sit on ya......

58 going on 30..........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
              Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
              sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                wolfmans diet:

morning:

Geritol

Afternoon:

Prune juice

Evening:

Ensure

58 going on 80..........

Yikes......

D&R.........

Comment

Right now im using MHP TRAC creatine, works like a charm. I have used MuscleTech CELL-TECH creatine also, works great but has ALOT of sugar in it(fattening) I have also used MRI NO2 Hemodilator, i got the best results for fat burning and lean mass gains with that, also has some great side effects . For protien I used MuscleTech's NITRO-TECH, that stuff worked good also, being stacked with the CELL-TECH. If you go to costco you can buy some whey protien for 20 bucks, six pound jug, I currently use MuscleMilk becuase it is the best tasting, i look forward to drinking it unlike most supplements, AND they got tons of flavors, ALL great tasting, How old are you and what type of results are you looking for by frequenting the gym? Whats your workout like?

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

Thanks alot for the reply's guys... good useful information!!!

Kevin, I think I'm going to take you up on that offer, a pm is being sent!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanius
                      Right now im using MHP TRAC creatine, works like a charm. I have used MuscleTech CELL-TECH creatine also, works great but has ALOT of sugar in it(fattening) I have also used MRI NO2 Hemodilator, i got the best results for fat burning and lean mass gains with that, also has some great side effects . For protien I used MuscleTech's NITRO-TECH, that stuff worked good also, being stacked with the CELL-TECH. If you go to costco you can buy some whey protien for 20 bucks, six pound jug, I currently use MuscleMilk becuase it is the best tasting, i look forward to drinking it unlike most supplements, AND they got tons of flavors, ALL great tasting, How old are you and what type of results are you looking for by frequenting the gym? Whats your workout like?

I'm 21... roughly off the top of the head, I'm 205lbs, 6 feet even. I do mainly free weights, and I'm looking more to shed a few lbs and define. My biceps are already 19.5" ... I'm just a naturaly big kid, from feet up.

For the first couple weeks, I'm taking it easier, just getting back into it... but once I start feeling good about where I'm at, I like doing long/hard workouts... nothing shy of 2hours...

Is that enough info?

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed
                        I'm 21... roughly off the top of the head, I'm 205lbs, 6 feet even. I do mainly free weights, and I'm looking more to shed a few lbs and define. My biceps are already 19.5" ... I'm just a naturaly big kid, from feet up.

For the first couple weeks, I'm taking it easier, just getting back into it... but once I start feeling good about where I'm at, I like doing long/hard workouts... nothing shy of 2hours...

Is that enough info?
                        What weight would you like to get down to?

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

2005 fall agenda:

drive to Fla.

visit joe

take him to "lunch"

wolfmans lunch...............

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

dudes.

do a yahoo search on the sup's i posted about.

remember..although your young...and you dont see "it comming".. these sups I take prevent aging of muscles and your body.....along with providing strength.....

just my 2 centavo's......

by all means..take the other stuff, but dont put off "changing your oil"........

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                              wolfmans diet:
                              Rock Star Engergy Drink (the best)
                              I love the taste of that stuff but, have you ever checked the sugar content!? There are something like 26 grams per serving times 2 servings= 52 grams which equals out to 13 teaspoons worth of sugar per can. From what i've read, sugar actually damages your muscles because it takes...something away but thanks to the the fact that it's 3AM and i didn't sleep last night, i can't remember.

Quick question- I've ben working out for something like 3 months I've only been in the gym for 1 month, the rest was at home and kind of half @$$ed. When i started, i was struggling to put 130lbs up 8 times. That was my first set too Now, i can put up 195lbs 5 or so times as my last set for bench pressing. Is that a good increase considering that it's only been ab out 3 months?
                              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
                              SOLD- Kinda miss it
                              94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
                              SOLD- Good riddance!
                              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Working...
                              X