upcoming mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upcoming mods

hey guys there is some things i have been rolling over in head for a little while. let me know what you think

drilled slotted rotors

ceramic brake pads

some type of headers i like these dynatechs

subframes i like the price and they are boxed

also what are good mildly priced headers. i want coated. mac has their hts coating, pacesetters are cheap with ceramics, jet hot i dont know let me know what you think
    1994 firebird formula

no need to talk. i can walk the walk.

I have drilled & slotted rotors, but have to admit the drilled holes are for show, the slots are more meaningful for performance. I think you should stick to semi-metallic brake pads because they will be better on the street & for all around use. And you might want to look at the SLP or KB (or other) subframe connectors which seem a lot more substantial than those you pictured. They will cost more though.

Comment

alrite ill check into that , thanks man
      1994 firebird formula

Comment

jet hot can get you pacesetters with there coating for 360 if you belong to this board
        1994 Camaro Z28 Bolton's, stall, 275 nitto's - SOLD
        1998 Camaro SS looking for 120+MPH N/A

Comment

i need a y-pipe too. does that include it?
          1994 firebird formula

Comment

I got my rotors from ebay and have been happy with them ...I also installed Stainless steel brake lines and hawk pads ...works great..

I have Don Goetz Sub-frame connectors on The Bird he makes a great product.
            1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
            1 of 463
            LT4 knock module
            D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
            strut tower brace
            SLP fan switch
            160* t/stat
            Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
            DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

i posted a thread about coating companys for headers and got feedback that many people have problems with JetHot, check it out

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12334

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

If you drive hard and put heavy loads on the brakes, think twice before you get the drilled rotors. Here's a link to a top-end Baer system on a 4th Gen that ended up with cracks in the rotors after 4,000 miles. He was able to extend the life to 19,000 miles with ogenic treating of the rotors. The car is sometimes driven hard - e.g. Silver State Classic - but most of the cracking appears to have taken place under moderate loads.

http://www.ws6.com/o.htm

I have maybe 20K miles on Baer cross-drilled/slotted/zinc-washed rotors in the rear on my car, and no cracks, but the car is not subjected to any unusual brake loads, other than an occasional pull-down from 125mph trap speeds. I don't think I would buy the cross-drilled rotors for anything but looks.
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

My car has seen 40 miles since the rotors were installed and only 325 miles since Jan and I dont drive her to hard so I cant comment on the strength of the rotors but I will now keep a closer watch on them

Thanks
                  1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
                  1 of 463
                  LT4 knock module
                  D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
                  strut tower brace
                  SLP fan switch
                  160* t/stat
                  Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
                  DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment