Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found out what my chip is...

...grrrrrrr!!

Its a freakin' Hypertech. And not even the 50-state legal one. Ugh!!!!

Just for referrence, its part #123352. That might explain my high NOx count on my last smog.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

If you ever decide to ditch it, I would like to give it a try just for kicks.

Comment

When I bought my first engine for my 89 project car it came with 5 different eproms. One stock 305 STD, one Stock 350 AT, One hypertech 305 STD, one hypertech 350 AT and a hypertech 350 STD(made for those who swap the trans) I can honestly say the hypertech chips did make a slight difference when used over the stock chips on a "stock" motor, but if I didn't get them for free, I would never have been able to justify the cost vs performance increase. Obviously this is in a third gen and not a 4th, but I would imagine that in the 4th gens the increase would be simular. A buddy of mine did try my hypertech 305 AT eprom and it made a bigger difference, but it may have been due to the shift points being modified more than the actual power increase.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
      Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
      6.2L/382.97 ci
      Custom PROM Dyno tuned
      WCT-5 speed
      BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
      Boss MS 18" Rims
      Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
      Custom Dual exhaust
      1LE upgrade
      Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
      In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
        If you ever decide to ditch it, I would like to give it a try just for kicks.
        Decision is already made, just to order one from MadZ28 lol . Consider it yours . I'll PM you when I get my new one and we can work out all the details. It'll be a nice little addition to the project

Originally posted by DeWynter
        When I bought my first engine for my 89 project car it came with 5 different eproms. One stock 305 STD, one Stock 350 AT, One hypertech 305 STD, one hypertech 350 AT and a hypertech 350 STD(made for those who swap the trans) I can honestly say the hypertech chips did make a slight difference when used over the stock chips on a "stock" motor, but if I didn't get them for free, I would never have been able to justify the cost vs performance increase. Obviously this is in a third gen and not a 4th, but I would imagine that in the 4th gens the increase would be simular. A buddy of mine did try my hypertech 305 AT eprom and it made a bigger difference, but it may have been due to the shift points being modified more than the actual power increase.
        Yeah, I can imagine it has made a difference, and the cost is why I'm not too broken up about it (I didn't pay for it lol ). But, as you said, there's no way I could justify buying it brand new when PCMForLess or MadZ28 will build you a better one for much less.
        Steve

Comment

Well, just talked with both Ion from MadZ28 and Alvin at PCMForLess. I must say, Ion doesn't come off as a very friendly guy at all. His people skills seem to be lacking a little. And, since Alvin was not only nicer but also made me a great deal, I'm gonna go with PCMForLess. Stay tuned for more details
          Steve

Comment

Working...
          X