well..i did a no no.......d@#n it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well..i did a no no.......d@#n it

minding my own buss., right lane on I95..comming back from the gym..good work out.. relaxed but pumped...feeling good.. enjoying driving the goat since its been sitting the garage since last monday..

along comes a c5 in the middle lane.. hauling.... two dudes in it... slows down and checks out the goat....pulls ahead.. i see them "talking" and he drops back.... goes nose to nose with me...and start "lurching"... i down shifted to third and stomped it..... hit forth and he was 2 1/2 cars back from me.... i backed off......he flew past and didnt look over.......

oh well.......

sorry mr. bad@$$ corvette boy..............

bwwwahahahaahahahahahahahahahha

bad wolfman........ bad bad ....no racing on highways.....(and im serious....im ashamed of this)

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Amazing power. They didn't look over because they were humiliated . . . .
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Good to get the gunk out, every now & again!

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
        minding my own buss., right lane on I95..comming back from the gym..good work out.. relaxed but pumped...feeling good.. enjoying driving the goat since its been sitting the garage since last monday..

along comes a c5 in the middle lane.. hauling.... two dudes in it... slows down and checks out the goat....pulls ahead.. i see them "talking" and he drops back.... goes nose to nose with me...and start "lurching"... i down shifted to third and stomped it..... hit forth and he was 2 1/2 cars back from me.... i backed off......he flew past and didnt look over.......

oh well.......

sorry mr. bad@$$ corvette boy..............

bwwwahahahaahahahahahahahahahha

bad wolfman........ bad bad ....no racing on highways.....(and im serious....im ashamed of this)

I swore I must've read posts about your racing days being over

Question is... how did it feel?

Comment

grab a gear and go.

haven't we all said no more at one time or another? street is neat

Comment

thanks yall..... i know...

some of you old timers have read about me being "done".....

this young punk had to be shut down.......

LOL

tell ya what..... the goat looks like a sleeper.......

know what?

on wit da show.

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
              Oh, stop it. Everyone here knows that you wouldn't race if you thought there was even a slight chance of danger (heavy traffic, residential area, etc). If you're going to race, make sure that you'll be hurting yourself at the very worst. If you blow a tire, lose control of the car or something else goes wrong, you have to be prepared for it and if you are, make sure no one else will be injured by your decision. I think if anyone knows the risks, it's you. It's one thing for you, it's different for other people that race irresponsibly, weave in traffic, don't take in to account that bad things can happen and so on. If powerful cars were too dangerous, why would they continue producing them? Because they legitimately think that everyone with a sports car/ muscle car takes their vehicle to the track? Out of everyone i've ever known with a performance oriented car, maybe two of them have actually taken their car to the track. Everyone knows that these cars are made to be pushed from time to time, more often than not on the street. Who the heck wants to drive out of their way to run their car at a track for anything other than numbers? Say for arguements sake, you run three times. That's a grand total of 3/4 of a mile (assuming it's a 1/4 mile track). Boring. I say you pat yourself on the back for a job well done. It's not often that you find guys that are approaching their 60's that are still as fun loving as you. If you can still enjoy a good race, you should be thankful. After all of the bad things that have happened to you, you're not miserable or bitter. It's great that you have that kind of spirit. I give you a thumbs up (even if you don't want it lol).
              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
              SOLD- Kinda miss it
              94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
              SOLD- Good riddance!
              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Ken......all of us old timers know what an "Italian Tune Up" is right?

It sounds to me like that's all you were doing.....bwaaaaaaaaaaah!
                2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

2.5 car lengths from 70 mph to 105 mph is pretty amazing when you consider that the Vette is 600 lbs lighter, more aerodynamic, really only has about a 50 HP disadvantage, and runs very similar quarter mile times.
                  Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
                    2.5 car lengths from 70 mph to 105 mph is pretty amazing when you consider that the Vette is 600 lbs lighter, more aerodynamic, really only has about a 50 HP disadvantage, and runs very similar quarter mile times.
                    yes, but he had a passenger, they both could be fat for all we know..and im not... and the car could have major miles on it too........

i walked em dude....... walked him silly

the goats pretty mean when she's rolling.... with a 6k+ redline.....

aint hit the rev lim yet..dont plan on it...... LOL

Comment

I don't think you were racing.. you were, uh, blowing the carbon out

Next time I drive down through Stafford, I'm gonna have to scold you for racing, after I win
                      Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
                      Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
                      pics and info

Comment

i know its wrong but i bet it got the blood rushing and like they used to say the goat is a flying machine with out wings. and it just goes to show that you are one wolf dog that can still run with the young pups
                        http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
                        C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
                        mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

Comment

Don't sweat it, Ken. We've all sworn off street racing at one time or another. I had to put down a ricer last weekend. We were also on the highway. I'm sure you were cautious, and admit it.... It felt great.
                          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
                          X