93 ECM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 ECM

Hello, I have a 93 3.4L Camaro and when I ground the test terminal in the ALDL with the car in the on postion but not running the SES light will just stay on. It will not display the code 12 after that. If I turn the car on it seems to run fine but idle a little high. After it warms up awhile and is placed in park or neutral it will turn on the SES light but when ever it is placed back in drive or reverse it will go away. I cant read that code though because it wont go through the code 12 procedure. Some one please give me some suggestions because I dont believe its the ECM becasue otherwise it runs fine. Thanks.

Originally posted by d02046612
    Hello, I have a 93 3.4L Camaro and when I ground the test terminal in the ALDL with the car in the on postion but not running the SES light will just stay on. It will not display the code 12 after that. If I turn the car on it seems to run fine but idle a little high. After it warms up awhile and is placed in park or neutral it will turn on the SES light but when ever it is placed back in drive or reverse it will go away. I cant read that code though because it wont go through the code 12 procedure. Some one please give me some suggestions because I dont believe its the ECM becasue otherwise it runs fine. Thanks.
    Welcome to the board . Good to see another 93 owner.

Can't say I know, but I'm sure there's someone here that can help you. Hang in there man
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I think I figured it out!

I looked at the ecm and it is a a 94 ecm, the car is a 93 i checked three time on title, vin and door but the ecm is a 94 model. I dont understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by d02046612
        I looked at the ecm and it is a a 94 ecm, the car is a 93 i checked three time on title, vin and door but the ecm is a 94 model. I dont understand it.
        Anything is possible.....I've seen people swap out different PCMs and within certain parameters, they work. This also means that you'll need an OBD1 scanner to read the codes as jumping the pins in the diagnostic terminal won't work.

Comment

Working...
        X