X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Bought a new toy this weekend.

From the "what was I thinking" department. hehe

Ok, so I am 42, never ridden a bike.

I bought this 2005 Harley Softail. I pick it up Thursday. Well, actually I will have my friend drive it as I don't know how.

For the record, my life insurance is paid up and the beneficiaries know who they are.

Congrats! Nice bike

Take some motorcycle riding lessons. Then you'll feel comfortable and be able to fully enjoy it
    '99 SS, #1392 Onyx Black/Neutral leather; M6; T-Tops; SLP Options: Perf. Exhaust; Key Fobs; Plaque

Mods.; SLP L/T's; SLP Y-Pipe; Random Tech High-Flow Cats; SLP Loudmouth; PRO 5.O w/ Lou's Short Stick; MTI Airlid w/ K&N; Hotchkiss STB; OPTIMA Red Top; Chrome ZR1's

Comment

Now all you need to do is turn it into a long forked chopper!

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Nice bike!

I sold my bike in '93 and haven't riden since. But I have been thinking about getting a soft tail....

Never assume a driver in a car, truck, whatever, sees you. People seem to have a blind spot for vehicles smaller than theirs. I don't know how many times people have pulled out in front of me. Pull up next to them at a light "Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't see you!". Being able to read the DOT raised lettering on the turn signal lens of a car as you swerve isn't fun.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

I'm signed up for the course and all the protective gear will be ordered. I have to learn the right way and be safe......

Comment

Be careful. I used to work with a couple of bikers and they really helped raise my awareness about bikes on the road. They get extra space. It ticks me off to see someone tailgating a bike.
            1989 TA
            Flowmaster exhaust
            Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
            K&N CAI
            Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

Working...
            X