Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB - Workout Guru's, need your help

Hey guys,

I just joined Gold's Gym. Anyway's, I got a personal trainer to help me achieve the goals that I want to get. Well, I started with him today, and seriously, my legs feel like complete jello. I can hardly walk straight, and sometimes they feel like they want to give out. I know that Ken and Joe are both big workout guys. What do I do to help myself out, so that I am not in total pain tomorrow. I know that I will be sore, but I'd like to be as little sore as possible. Any advice, please guys

Jeff
    One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

A few things...... large doses of vitamin C and lots of water. The burning muscle that folks experience the next day is due to a buildup of lactic acid in the muscle. Vitamin C and lots of water helps the cardio system flush the lactic acid out of the muscles. I would strongly recommend doing cardio work prior to working out with weights. Then follow with a mild cardio at the conclusion of the session. Also...... no alcohol! That will make it worse.

Comment

Sweet Joe... Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! I will take your advice and do that.. Are there any good protein shakes? I was drinking the MET-RX stuff, it has 40g of protein... what do you all think?

Jeff
      One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

Comment

One thing I've found that does boost my performance is Emergen-C. It's a powder that dissolves in water and contains a ton of Vitamin C and some B vitamins for energy. I usually get it from my local grocery store. It was recommended by a physicians assistant. I really like the stuff. It's a bit pricey at around $12 for about 50 packets, but I don't use it everyday....mainly when I've stayed up late or when I'm feeling below the weather.
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Get some L- glutamine powder-it helps keep it from hurting the next day
          Black '96 Z28, loudmouth exhaust, Mac mid length headers, crane cams powermax 104227 cam, crane 1.6rr,'s, springs, lifters and pushrods. MSD distributor, slp ultra z hood with air box, bbk 52mm throttle body, march underdrive pulleys, hpp+, 1le sway bars, spohn LCA's and relo brackets, Spohn SFC's, adj panhard bar, bilstein shocks, H&R springs, strut tower brace...Audio-Alpine head unit, MB Quart 6.5" component in the front and 6.5" Boston in the rear w Alpine 75x4 amp, Alpine Type-X 12 in the trunk w/ alpine 1000w amp

Comment

Working...
          X