ls1 brakes vs lt1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ls1 brakes vs lt1

hey im swaping a complete disc to disc ls1 rear into my lt1 car. Are the brake lines different on the ls1? How do i go about making the ls1 brakes work on my lt1? Is there a conversion kit for the lines? How about the e-brake? i need to know what ill need to get the job done Thanks guys
    -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

i believe the only thing you gotta do is the disks and calipers. should swap right over. im gonna do it to mine after we move and a buddy already has done it to his 95 trans am. great mod!

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
    www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

not to highjack your thread, but ive never heard of an anniversary formula? any info?

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
      www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

Yes they are different. I'm not sure exactly what is different except that the front brake line where it mounts to the bracket on the car is different. You can't get the stock LS1 brake line to go in the hole on a LT1 bracket. I know that doesn't matter to you though.
        http://www.stealthperf.com/cgi-bin/s...ml?id=8bsbIaDA
        The Earl lines for a 98-02 fit the bracket on the LT1 cars fine.
        I used the LS1 stock brake lines on the rear end and had no problems connecting them to the LT1 frame. I still have not gotten around to putting the stainless lines on the rear end.

One note, you will have to use the wiring harness from the LT1 car on the LS1 rear end. The harness on the LS1 will not fit the connector on the frame of the LT1 car. (You can use the one you have on there.)
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

first formula was in 1967, 30th anniverssary being 1997. Idk too much about it myself but its loaded up to wazoo with every option from the factory so its pretty nice.

On a more serious note thank you for your reply Jeff. So your saying i shouldn't have any problems getting the rear in with the stock brake lines? Im not doing the front brakes.
          Secondly, can u shed some more light on the wiring harness deal. My car is 4 channel and the rear i got is 3 channel. I am aware the abs will not work, but do i still need to connect a wiring harness.

i dont know much about this, but i would sure like to figure out what i need before i try to tackle this task
          thanks again
          -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by lt14mla
            On a more serious note thank you for your reply Jeff. So your saying i shouldn't have any problems getting the rear in with the stock brake lines? Im not doing the front brakes.
            Secondly, can u shed some more light on the wiring harness deal. My car is 4 channel and the rear i got is 3 channel. I am aware the abs will not work, but do i still need to connect a wiring harness.

i dont know much about this, but i would sure like to figure out what i need before i try to tackle this task
            thanks again
            I don't think so because they are 2 incompatable systems. I wouldn't do this if I were you. Your traction control won't work either.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
              I don't think so because they are 2 incompatable systems. I wouldn't do this if I were you. Your traction control won't work either.
              I was just going to say the same thing.

I'd pass on the 3 channel rearend and go find a 4 channel that will work with your ABS.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
              X