Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Check Engine Soon" Light

OK,

Several weeks after my Kooks headers, Magnaflow Cats, Borla Exhaust and Transgo Shift Kit were installed on my 1998 T/A, the "Check Engine Soon" light came on a couple times. Shortly after I had work on the Right rear axle and bearings it came on again and I took it back to get scanned. The scanner indicated low Catalytic Converter efficiency but I thought this would have set the indicater off shortly after the install if it was going to do this. The light went off for a couple days and then now stays on all the time.

My question is, how can I fool OBDII from thinking the Cats are flowing efficiently to allow the light to let me know when a real problem occurs?

I already checked the search and couldn't find another thread on this. I appreciate the advice.
    Mixedpuppy

1998 TA, mostly stock, SLP hood, ram air plastic intake, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Kooks Stainless LT headers with Magna Flow Cats, Borla Exhaust (Medium plate setting), Kenny Brown SFCs, BMR Tower Strut Brace, 17" ROH RT Rims, 9.5 BFG KDWs, SLP Airlid, Smooth bore bellow, 85mm MAF. Nitrous to come. Action figure not included.

02 simulators by the cats, i had the same prob after my mods and thats what we did. now its fine

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
    www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

Working...
    X