Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Niteshaded Tail Pics... Turned out awesome!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niteshaded Tail Pics... Turned out awesome!

Well, I niteshaded the tails & rear sidemarkers ( 3rd brake light is next) After painting them myself, and clear coating them... I still was not happy with the shine. So, I took them to a local custom paint shop, and the guy who worked there told me all my mistakes when I applied clear coat.... doh! So he lightly sanded them, and sprayed 3 coats of clear in his paint booth. He did it so good that he didn't even have to polish them. They turned out AWESOME. Daylight pics would of been better, but this is all I have for now. My paint & the taillights shine identically.. they look one with the car!

By the way, in case you are wondering, when the lights are on, these taillights LOOK STOCK. Unreal. The light shines right through them as if they were NOT tinted. Whoever invented this stuff (niteshades) is making millions.

I'll get some new pics in the daylight & when the tail lights are lit up to show these better.

Here is the step by step :

1st coat :

2nd coat :

3rd coat :

And Clear!

1997 Trans Am WS6 Black M6
    370 RWHP / 352 TQ
    CC306 & Comp behives, LT1 Extreme Duty timing set, 1.6 RR's, CSR Elec Water Pump, Pacesetter LT's & ORY, GMMG w/ Ovals, K&N, Air Foil, TB Bypass, !AIR, !EGR, !CAGS, 160 deg thermo, LT4 KM, PCM tuning by Total-ReCal, March Pullies, Pro 5.0, 4.11 gears, LS1 alum DS, BMR strut tower brace, UMI SFC's, LCA's w/relo brackets & panhard

oh wow!!!! that looks sooooooo good!

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
    www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

looks great, could you tell me where you got that stuff at?

Comment

That looks sick dude, can't beat a blacked out ws6. I would love one.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

Awesome man. Wish I could do it on my Z...stupid CA laws
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Could you post a pic with the headlights on and then another with the brake lights on? I am interested in seeing how well these important lights are visable. They do look good!
            2001 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Tan interior WS6 Trans Am, 33k, M6, Borla, SLP lid
            buttons in the ashtray and a bottle in the trunk Although I have yet to push it

SOLD: '97 Trans Am, 85k, LT1, A4, 3.23's, 98+ Taillights, SLP CAI, SLP Loud Mouth
            Best of 13.810 @ 100.58 MPH. 2.093 60' See It Here

Comment

That looks really good, geez, your giving me ideas of taking the covers off and getting mine sprayed. how much did the project total up to??
              1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

Thanks for the props everyone!! They really did turn out great.

And, I will get more pics up. The tailights look completely NORMAL when the lights are on... its amazing. I even asked a police officer buddy of mine if he thinks I would get a ticket. He told me no way, because as long as the lights shine through... I should be a-ok.

You can by "Niteshades" on Ebay or at summit online. Just do a google search if you want, and try to find the best price. About 10-13 bucks a can. One can was enough to tint BOTH my tailights & the sidemarkers. But not enough for the 3rd brake light... so I ended up buying a 2nd can.

The clear coat was done at a local custom paint shop for 50 bucks.... not too bad. So, total investment....... about 75 bucks. ( I bought an extra set of tails, sidemarkers & spoiler light though... I still wanted to keep my stock parts just in case if I ever wanted to switch back ... I recommend you do the same, just in case if you screw them up or something )

Good luck, and if you have questions... please ask.
                370 RWHP / 352 TQ
                CC306 & Comp behives, LT1 Extreme Duty timing set, 1.6 RR's, CSR Elec Water Pump, Pacesetter LT's & ORY, GMMG w/ Ovals, K&N, Air Foil, TB Bypass, !AIR, !EGR, !CAGS, 160 deg thermo, LT4 KM, PCM tuning by Total-ReCal, March Pullies, Pro 5.0, 4.11 gears, LS1 alum DS, BMR strut tower brace, UMI SFC's, LCA's w/relo brackets & panhard

Comment

I must say that I am a man who likes to keep the whole stock image.....but that looks sick.

You say also that it looks like stock lights at night when they're on too....I've got to see a pic of that if you could.

Awesome job broh. The rear of your car looks so clean and sleek with the blackouts.
                  black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Looks good
                    Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Your rear licence plate should read..
                      ""dark vader""
                      sweet stealth look!!!!
                      eddie
                      1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Originally posted by LoudLT1
                        Your rear licence plate should read..
                        ""dark vader""
                        sweet stealth look!!!!
                        eddie
                        I actually have personalized plates on order....
                        They should end up being :

SHADY

or
                        2-SHADY
                        370 RWHP / 352 TQ

Comment

Working...
                        X