A little luck and a lot of horsepower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little luck and a lot of horsepower

Well I have a date with the dyno this afternoon so wish me and the TA luck. :-) I found a place locally that will do 3 runs for $100 to basline the car before any internal mods and such. So far it's just bolt-ons. It's an import joint, but they seem to have a good reputation and the guy I talked too knew a fair amount about the 'ol LT1, so we'll give it a whirl. I will post results when I get home, and hopefully some pics!! See ya

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
    95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
    Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Does that price include a wide-band O2 sensor? Seems a little high if it doesn't. The wide-band is a good idea, but it is extra work because they have to pull a stock sensro out to screw the wide-band in.

Good luck!
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
      Does that price include a wide-band O2 sensor? Seems a little high if it doesn't. The wide-band is a good idea, but it is extra work because they have to pull a stock sensro out to screw the wide-band in.

Good luck!
      Thanks Fred,

I will have to ask about the O2. We didn't talk about it initially, but you're right, it would be nice to have full range on it. I'll let you know when I get back. They're the only place in town for the most part, so it would not suprise me to know they are a little on the high side.

-Paul

WickedLT1's Home on the Web - Wicked Pictures
      95 - Trans Am - LT1 - 6Speed
      Car Status: Hmm, winter projects coming up...

Comment

Ha.....
        Only $100....???

My only place within 3 hours is $150 for the hook-up and 1st 3 pulls...... and the wideband is EXTRA !

Gordon

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Theres a place here that gets 80 bucks. Its a bolt on style 4 wheel dyno. The ricers love it.
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
          X