what color to pain the calipers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what color to pain the calipers?

black or red? i have silver decals that say trans am for the fronts and WS-6 for the back calipers....im also gettin a set of c6 blackmotorsport rims...i was leaning toward red.

heres the rims...
    Attached Files
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

black and silver...no doubt red has been done so much it's no longer cool...

black my friend...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

thats what i was thinkin..but the rims have black on the outer lip(just posted a pic) so i was thinkin red just to contrast with the rims....
      1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

I polished mine using a buffing wheel on a pedestal grinder and some mag wheel polish.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I painted mine red since the car is red. I like it!!!!
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
            I polished mine using a buffing wheel on a pedestal grinder and some mag wheel polish.
            Now that's a great idea! Do they stay pretty clean??
            Darrin C
            '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
            07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Silver would look good.
              1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
              "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

awsome rims man but deff. go black caipers the red wouldnt look too good.
                1967 Camaro "Project"
                1972 Chevelle "454"
                1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

red car with black caliper will be great
                  2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
                  SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
                  Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
                  http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
                    Now that's a great idea! Do they stay pretty clean??
                    Actually they seam to. It's like I polished all of the pits out of them for the dirt to stick in. They look almost chrome.

BTW I have to give credit where credit is due. I got the idea from Injuneer Fred. He put some Baer calipers up for sale that were polished. I thought I'd try it since my car is white.
                    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I think red is played out. All of my suspesion components are black, and if I ever painted the calipers (which would make no sense because you can't see them with my rims) they would be black also.

I'm not real sure how well a sticker is going to hold up on a caliper. They get hot and they are subject to constant abuse due to the heat cycles, brake dust, dirt, and water.
                      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

yeh i was thinkin that....the guy said theyll stick. but well see....for 6 bucks ill take the chance....i think im goin with black.

Originally posted by MN6WS6
                        I think red is played out. All of my suspesion components are black, and if I ever painted the calipers (which would make no sense because you can't see them with my rims) they would be black also.

I'm not real sure how well a sticker is going to hold up on a caliper. They get hot and they are subject to constant abuse due to the heat cycles, brake dust, dirt, and water.
                        1996 Trans Am WS6

Comment

Working...
                        X