will this work in my car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will this work in my car?

The only junkyards around me that have low prices for wiper motors have camaros and not firebirds will a camaro wiper motor from a 93 up work in my 97 firebird?

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

I can't imagine that part being any different. Should work fine.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
    Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

I bought wiper motor on ebay, 2000 model, tested it out on my 93 connection and it works fine, but failed to remove the original motor, need a linkage sperator tool.
      1993 TA SOLD

-------------------------------------------
      "Unless It's Fatal, It's No Big Deal"

Comment

Originally posted by alenstein
        I bought wiper motor on ebay, 2000 model, tested it out on my 93 connection and it works fine, but failed to remove the original motor, need a linkage sperator tool.

This doesn't sound like its going to be fun. I have never replaced one before, going to learn how to do it when I pull it out of the car at the junk yard so hopefully I won’t mess up my car.

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

I just installed the wiper motor in my car. I m not sure where the linkage separator tool was supposed to be used but I didn’t have one and I got it all out and back in fine. If it was the yellow cap I used an open ended wrench to pop it off. Or if it was the bar that went across the opening I just unbolted both sides and lifted it up out the way to slide the motor in and out.

When i got to the junk yard they had about 10 firebirds, person on the phone said they had .

Thanks everyone for all the help on all the post I posted about this.

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

Working...
          X