Twin Turbo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Turbo

If one were considering to turbo a spare engine, as a project engine, would one be able to use twin Garrett T3 turbos from a 2.3L Ford thunderbird? as long as the plumbing was done correctly, they are usable right? plus they are both $299

Well I happen to know a little about turbo cars. And you have to make sure that the engine your going to turbo can handle it. But you can turbo most any engine, its just fitting it in the car is the hard part.
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

ya i know i have to get forged stuff. Im thinking of either saving up for a full zl402 block and top end or getting an ls1 and getting it bored to a 381. Either way, this isnt something i want to rush into. Although, for $299, twin turbos would be sweet

Comment

Those are small, so the question is whether or not it's gonna produce any real boost on your car. What you want are dual ball bearing turbos, that way they spool faster and give you more power in the usable powerband. You could actually do a single dual ball bearing turbo and get more boost over the entire powerband than you would with two smaller single turbos.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Those turbos seem kinda old. I think 88 was the last year for that car.If you get them. Check the turbine shaft for excessive play. Chips in the compressor blades.etc... If its all good, You might consider getting them ported and cliped. Used mitsubishi 20G Turbos can also be bought for the same price.
          96 Camaro Z28/A4,Vortech elbow,Moroso CAI,Flowmaster.Addco PHR,LCA,160* Stat,pcmforless,1LE Driveshaft,1LE A/C delete pulley,1LE Front sway bar,Strut brace,sub frames, LT4 knock module,255 lph pump,Cutout,

Comment

The current record for the LT1 block/engine is 8.08@170. It uses a single turbo @ 16psi A single is all you need. T-44 or T-60 are the basics for the ptk kits.
            1995 Firebird Formula
            (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Comment

Working...
            X