Dash lights won't work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dash lights won't work

The lights in my speedo cluster will not turn on. I've checked the fuse and its fine. Also all of the guages work and the warning lights come on when you first start it. I tried swapping in my old 110 cluster to see if it may just be the cluster and the same thing happened. Any ideas?
    1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

not to be a sm@rt@ss, but is the "dial" accidently turned down so low that the dash lights are off?

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
    www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

Originally posted by brynnda
      not to be a sm@rt@ss, but is the "dial" accidently turned down so low that the dash lights are off?
      I've already checked that too but I really could picture that being something that I may look over lol.

Also its not just the speedo cluster lights the lights for the vent controls are off also.
      1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

yea, i would check the dimmer wheel. I just had that problem yesterday... and it was just a loose connection to the light switch.
        99 Z Hugger Orange 9/05

93 Z 6/03

Zaino!!

Comment

Originally posted by xxRillixx
          yea, i would check the dimmer wheel. I just had that problem yesterday... and it was just a loose connection to the light switch.
          I agree. I'd get out a multimeter and test the headlight switch. You could also test them by hotwiring them from the harness connector at the headlight switch, just to verify the problem is the switch.

I've got my money on the headlight switch.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
            I agree. I'd get out a multimeter and test the headlight switch. You could also test them by hotwiring them from the harness connector at the headlight switch, just to verify the problem is the switch.

I've got my money on the headlight switch.

great idea, try it and let us know how things turn out! i hope its a simple fix 4 ya!

PCM for Less tuned PCM, LT4 heads & intake, SLP headers, 1.6 RR's, SLP strut tower brace, air foil, throttle body bypass, oil cooler, 160* thermo, 3200 stall converter, manual fan switch, line lock, tranny cooler, exhaust cut outs, zexel torsion carrier w/3:73 gears, Magnaflow exhaust, Q-Logic Custom Dual 12" Sub Box, custom drk metallic blue decals, etc
            www.WS6Racing.com

Comment

Originally posted by xxRillixx
              Thanks for the help, about 5 minutes after replying to brynnda's post a little light bulb popped on in my head and I thought of that too because I had just been the DD for a friend this weekend in his mustang which had a bad connection at the switch. I'm going to check it today and will definetly put my money on that being the issue.

Comment

Working...
              X