Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Fluid Dip Stick

Hi

I have some odd thing happening with my 94 formula firebird. I have noticed 2 times in the last 2-3 months the red dip stick thats in my engine compartment for the transmission fluid pushes itself out about 2 inches or so.

I have had my transmission fluid checked about a month ago and everything looked good with it then and It was totaly replaced about 25k kilometers ago. Both times that I had to push it in I didn't check my engine in about a week or two so I dont know if it slowly works itself out or just pops out. The first time I saw it I put it back and checked it for a couple of weeks after and nothing out of the ordanary happend with it.

I think its kind of odd and probably sujest some sort of back pressure but I didnt notice any leaks with it too. Does anyone know what it could be or if it's serious.

Thanks
    94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Not uncommon, but I would just make sure your car is warmed up and check the fluid level to make sure it's not too high.

Comment

If it's not that uncommon thats good.
      I checked the levels and they look all right. It's just that it just started to happen and I haven't seen it happen b4. I haven't noticed it leaking or anything.

Thanks for the reply
      94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Yea it used to happen to me. Just twist the dip stick in and it should hold.
        If you notice that stick is actually twisted a bit and with vibartion it come out some times. I'd just twist it in a bit and it should hold.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Working...
        X