Ok... let's try this again...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok... let's try this again...

Ok... first of all... to the moderators... Please, just because people respond with idiotic information for me because I'm a girl, don't shut my thread down, it's not my fault... to the readers... don't respond with idiotic information for me because I'm a girl....That happened to me on another forum and it was really rude and unnecessary because I can't help what others write!

I know a little bit about cars, however not a lot (change brake pads, change lights, change oil, change fuel pump, change tires). I just bought a '96 firebird and I don't want to sound or feel like an idiot when it comes to talking/knowing about my car! If you can give me a place to start learning stuff that'd be great, If you can give me inside info about my car, that'd be great too... but please don't get my thread shut down by the moderators... it's just gonna piss me off and I'll get irritated and leave this forum too, which I would really prefer not to do because I love talking about cars!!!

Thanks
    '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Im not sure if your referring to anyone on this board or not becuase i ahvent scanned the other posts yet. But this place has probobly the best people of any board out there. Everyone is respectful and willing to help becuase our passion too is our cars. Hopefully you've found the right place.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

I hope I'm not referring to anyone on this board either... but if any of the moderators for here are the moderators for other forums or if anyone is on another forum then it's possible... but I appreciate any help in learning that y'all are willing to give...

Comment

First off welcome to the board
        I would like to start by saying this is definitly the most friendly and helpful forum, the reason its my favorite.
        But i would suggest buying a manual at your local auto store.
        Get your hands dirty, look anround and become familar with setup and mechaniacs of your car.
        Any questions you might have, use the search function and you'll most likely find your answer.
        -Lou -

1997 30th Anniversary Firebird Formula

Comment

I just wanna say Welcome to the forum. Also, I have to say that this is one of best F-Body forums I've seen, it's gotta nice laid back family feel to it.
          Richard Harvey Jr.
          '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

well thanks... I just went and looked at the forum that my post got booted from and they're all talking bad about me and making stuff up, so I appreciate the welcome and can't wait to get your help!!!

Comment

Welcome to our forum! There is no need to worry about members treating you poorly here. This is a very mature group.

I do have a couple suggestions:

1) take a moment to read the rules, there is no profanity or flaming allowed. Watch Wolfman's video.. .It is posted in a sticky. Then, if after watching his video you are not scared off.....

2) create a signature for yourself. Go to the user cp section and you will see the option there. Make sure the signature includes the make, model and year of your cars as well as any modifications made to them.
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

OK... well it's official... I'm a member... I like y'all's style... Um, one more question off subject though... does anyone know how I could terminate my membership on another forum? or do I just stop posting, although I'd prefer the 1st option... it's the fbody.com forum.... (with no -)

Comment

just stop posting. and welcome to the site. this forum out of the like 30 that im part of really makes it feel like we're all family. no1 rags on u for something u did that wasnt smart. we tell u what u di and how to fix it or not do it again. and speakin of wolfman, he should be lurkin somehwere
                  2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Welcome to the board. I became an f bod owner a little over a year ago and of course I joined all the sites I could but, now this is the only one I use. This is the only site I got constructive criticism from and a family like opinion and information. These guys and some gals are great and have the best advice. Good luck! Oh yeah, I am one of the young guys on here that has been known for hitttin on the new girls, so I am gonna beat everyone to it and warn you about myself, LOL Wolfman!!!!! Is 83 your birth year? If so you are about my age, HEHEHE!!!!!
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

yep '83 is my birth year... but you're pretty far away from what your profile says... so sorry charlie!! I'm in Tuscaloosa, Alabama!!

Comment

Alabama, shoot I can make that in under 8 hours, JK. You'll love this site, its lots of fun!!!!

**EDIT** Please watch the language
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

well h*!! come on down sometime... and bring the bird with you!!! and Thanks!

Comment

I'm closer Birth date and locations 11/07/83 and Southern FL.

One word of caution. The Wolfman has a tendency to bite from time to time, but it's an affectionate nibble mostly.
                            Richard Harvey Jr.
                            '94 T/A LT1 (stock) - SOLD

Comment

As a moderator, I can say welcome to the board and you don't have to worry about posts getting shut down if you just stick to the rules. Don't post in all caps, and don't swear, it's that simple. No question is too stupid to ask or answer. From the sounds of it, you've got more experience with cars than 99% of the population. If others start crap with you, they'll be dealt with, not you.

And yes, this is the best f-body site on the net. We've got the most mature and most experienced f-body guys around. You'll see alot of off topic posts, but I can garauntee you this is the only message board on the internet, car related or not, where politics can be debated and not turn into an all out flame war..... although that's probably because 95% of the guys here are all right wing nut jobs and they just agree with each other!

Oh yes, and I'll just be the first to say it, order some Zaino!
                              Dave M
                              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Working...
                              X