Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet New Exhaust! :)

Alright, so I'll just dive right in...

I want to put a new exhaust system on the firebird, and I need some advice...

I have a neighbor that has nothing better to do than call the police... We've had her call because the dogs were barking before, and numerous cats have gone missing in the neighborhood... (she's a bad word) and I KNOW that if the exhaust that I end up with is too loud she will call them. So, I just want a low rumble... I have a friend that has open headers on his '96 camaro and it's decibal is not street legal... when I spend the money on this I have to KNOW that it's not gonna bother this heifer when I come in at night... I don't want anything loud, just a LITTLE bit more than a factory V6 firebird... ya know? Any suggestions?
    '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

So is your car a V6, or V8? This could help because truthfully any aftermarket exhaust on a V8 is gonna pi$$ her off if she is really that bad. I had the same situationwith my neighbor except now that the old lady squirted me with the water hose while I was cutting the grass she is not permited by courts to even look at me. You see, I filed assault charges against her and won so now I have a restraining order, which rescinds her right to even call the cops on me unless her life is threatened. I love the legal system when it works in my favor. STUPID old heifer!!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

it's a V6.... thank goodness... honestly I think she'd call the police if it was a dang factory V8... but it's not... I can't believe you got a restraining order on yours... that's AWESOME... I don't think I would have as much luck... she used to be a police dispatcher so she thinks she wrote the law and any town ordinance that she could dig up she would try... but if it's not too loud then she couldn't say anything... and if she tried it I would already have a copy of our town laws to slap in her face when she starts bi***in'...

Comment

On a V6, anything other than family sized soup(rice) cans should be OK. Jessica could chime in on this as soon as she gets her V6 exhaust installed and let you know how loud it is.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

jessica... did you say yours were square, because I saw and heard some on a camaro in my apt. complex and I liked the way it sounded... hopefully when the guy comes back I can ask him what system he has!!

Comment

edelbrock is quiet, i have it. i have to warn you though, you'll need to have minor fab work done if you want it to be full 3"
            '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
            Stock with an irratic idle...
            (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

If I remember right, Jessica got a used factory stock Z28 exhaust from a member here. Larger diameter and flows better than stock V6 exhaust, but obviously it wouldn't be too loud. You don't need anything that flows crazy numbers for a V6, so a stock Z28 exhaust might be an economical, and quiet, solution if you can find one.
              Dave M
              Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

It's going to be tough to get a pleasing exhaust note from an aftermarket system. The 3.4 and 3.8 don't move the same amount of air as a V8 and the exhaust note can sound a little raspy. The best that I've heard on a V6 is Borla rear section. That is not the adjustable cat back, it is a replacement muffler and tailpipes for the factory system. Short of that, a factory Z28 catback will add some HP and keep it from getting too harsh.

Comment

Hey, I'll be glad to give her something to call the cops about lol. I can't stand people that have nothing better to do than to stick their nose in other people's business . She'd hate to hear me pull up lol
                  Steve
                  79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                  87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                  93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                  http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I got a little something for people like that....

Ideling @ 5,000 RPM's has never been more fun

Comment

If you want a z28 muffler an the pipes on it I have that plus. My shock 94 firebird formula setup all for Free just pay shipping or pickup I am in carrollton Ga. If you want them E-mail me at zlee@bellsouth.net or if anybody wants it let me know. Blazer

Comment

Working...
                      X