How do you black car owners do it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you black car owners do it?

well i have a black car and i was fixin to wash it with some car soap and i have my rag and everything but im just afraid of like how hard to push down or what way is best. i usually just take my car up to the car wash and power spray it i never use a rag but i want to slean it up real good so maybe if som1 could tell me just how they wash their car i would like that alot. thanks
    1998 black firebird

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

Oh, you opened up a can of worms here cuz everybody is gonna tell you the same thing.

Who wants to be the first to tell this young man the solution to all his car shine problems? Step right up, Step right up!!!!!!

And the winner is................
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

Ok, Ill tell ya. no more .

Zaino is the preffered car polish/wash/etc. of F-body.com. Check it out at www.zaino.com or ask Wolfman for more details.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

yeah i know that lol that was the main topic of the other discussion but i cant afford the zaino right now so im just washing my car with blue coral soap and i was wondering what is the best way to do that
        1998 black firebird

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

Comment

ummmm http://www.zainostore.com/

I cant afford it either, I use Meguires gold class wash with a car wash cotton coverd sponge lots of rinse water and I work from the roof line down keeping the car wet (and in the shade if i can) dry with microfiber or 100% cotton towels
          1997 Trans AM WS6 vert
          1 of 463
          LT4 knock module
          D. Goetz sub-frame connectors.
          strut tower brace
          SLP fan switch
          160* t/stat
          Drilled and slotted rotors/ Earls SS brake lines/ Hawk pads
          DMS 1.5" progressive lowering springs

Pictures Here

Comment

Don't ever use those power-spray car washes. Most facilities recycle their water and it's not uncommon to find sand and grit-like substances in the water. You're literally sand-blasting your paint! Most power-spray carwash owners struggle with the high costs of operation - most of this cost is chemicals and soaps. What most do to keep costs to a minimum is add bleach to their soaps so they can dilute it down and it still cleans your car. Sand and Bleach are not good for your paint. It's always best to wash your own car by hand - that way you're in control.

Just my OBDII cents!
            Darrin C
            '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
            07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

zaino and 100% cotton towels
              2001 Trans Am WS6 M6
              SLP: short throw|short shifter|CAI|MAF|TB ByPass
              Spohn: SFC|Tunnel Brace|LCA|Swaybars|LCA bracket|Shock Tower Brace|Nitto NT555 Extreme Performance|Pacesetter LT|TrueDual|1-chamber Flowmaster|DLA224/224Cam|Comp Cams 918 Springs|ported oil pump|timing chain|PRC LS6 heads|LS7 lifters|Fast Intake 90mm|NW TB 90mm|Thermostat 160|NGK TR 55|RacetronicFP|429/404 hp/tq|tuned by George Haddad motorsports
              http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/690385

Comment

use either a micro fiber washing applicator or a 100% cotton washing applicator (built like a mop..the outside is like a mop, inside a sponge like material, draws the dirt to the center).

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

This is how I wash my black Camaro SS and these are the things I use. A sponge and wheel brush to do the wheels and tires, a cotton wash mitt to do the rest of the car, 100% cotton towels to dry the car, and a good car wash soap. For washing though I use Zaino's Car Wash soap........there is nothing better but you can use some other brand.

I have had black cars all my life and have always washed them by hand. Try to find a shady area so you don't wind up with water spots. First start with the wheels. Hose them down real good and then wash the rim and the tires with the sponge and the wheel brush and a mixture of car wash soap and water. Rinse them thoroughly. Dispose of the bucket of water used to clean your wheels. Next, using plain water (no soap) I open the doors and do the door jambs using the cotton wash mitt. Same goes for the trunk and hood. Get all the dirt out of the crevices.........no need to rinse yet....you can do that when you wash the outside of the car. Now hose down the entire car thoroughly blasting off as much dirt, debris and bugs as you can. Mix up a fresh bucket of water and car wash soap. You will use only the cotton mitt from here on out. Start by washing the top and windows first and thoroughly rinsing it. Next wash all the flat surfaces like the hood and trunk and rinse them. Wash the sides of the car next.....but keep in mind that most of your crud is about halfway down the sides and this is what will scratch the car. So as you wash, rinse your mitt often in the bucket of soapy water so you don't drag the dirt all over. Rinse thoroughly then do the front and back of the car. Then I thoroughly rinse the whole car one more time and dry everything with the cotton towels.
                  2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

Geeeeez Ken...........is that a scratch on your car I see in that picture?
                    2000 Camaro SS..........6 speed triple black

Comment

I noticed that too
                      1989 TA
                      Flowmaster exhaust
                      Ghetto CAI

1994 TA GT
                      K&N CAI
                      Magnaflow catback

www.nkyfba.com

Comment

looks like a reflection to me. With the Zaino shine, that could be a reflection of the moon!! Or the top of Ken's head!
                        Dave M
                        Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

you guys on drugs or what? there's no scratch on this car. everything you see is reflections.... notice the reflection of the car cover on the rear quarter pannel? thats the hawk next door in the garage, the "scratch" you think you see is a pole support in the garage. this car is flawless.........

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Working...
                          X