Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding the exhaust on a '98 Trans Am.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding the exhaust on a '98 Trans Am.

In a previous post (regarding AfterthoughtsAuto.com), "Brynnda" inquired about the single exhuast outlet on my '98 WS6 Trans Am. A three-and-a-half inch single exhaust tip was standard on all V8 model Firebirds in 1998. Pontiac went to dual exhaust tips (3 inch) in 1999.

I collect model cars and have a modest collection of Firebirds. Among these are four 1:24 scale models of WS6 Trans Ams, all labeled as 1999 models, all marked as "No. 68037") and all made (of course) in China; there is no indication of which company made them. Three of them (one red, one white and one blue) have dual exhuast tips. But the black one, although prominently marked as a 1999 model, has a single exhaust tip like a 1998.

I believe some of these models are still available from Pontiac.com

If you have any further information about these models, I would be very interested in hearing about them.

Thanks.
    R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

That's funny. I have the same collection.

Comment

Working...
    X