Super Charger for a V6???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Charger for a V6???

OK I really need to make my V6 move now! Ive seen V6 3.8l superchargers on the market, but are there any for v6 3.4l? can u use any? Whats it gonna give me? 75hp? would it be better goin the nitrous route or even chip and cam? Will I need to beef up my bottom end? Or should my engine hold together ( 95000miles btw )? is my v6 block one of the old buick designs? cause there was a turbo v6 buick? Any info apreciated.. Hopefully have beefed up ignition soon! Thanks...
    Screaming Mad
    Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
    Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
    0-60 7.74
    1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Suggest you page Jessica2112. She just got done with a SC thrash on a V6. Think she has the bigger engine, though.

Comment

I have the powerdyne sc. I have the 3.8 V6. I will do some checking, and see if the kit would fit a 3.4. They make two, one for the angled throttle body, and one for the straight. You don't have to do any internal mods. Mine bolted right up. We do have a weaker bottom end than the L67, but strong enough for 9lbs of boost though. You do have to hook a Fuel management system up, not that big of a deal, so the motor has enough fuel for the increased intake volume. In time, I will change my fuel pump and get larger injectors, so I can take the FMU off. Headers and a good exaust are a must. It really is a kick in the pants mod. I am very happy with mine, now that my supporting mods are in place. My shift kit finally gets put in this week, which will solve my crappy 1,2 shift. Any questions, let me know. Jessica

Comment

i think that theres a vortech kit for the 3.4L but there's no tuning software for it so it kinda sucks.
        '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
        Stock with an irratic idle...
        (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

Of course the LC2 Turbo 3.8 ala Buick GN gets my vote.

Doubtful you have the "109" block...... that number would have to be in the engine's casting number for it to be the turbo block. And no, the 3.4 isn't related. Whole different engine.

One of these days, I swear I'm going to put a serious LC2 in a 4th gen.

Comment

Well joe...you have the project car...and you could always pass that LT-1 my way...
            Greg W. in West Michigan
            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
            <Motor out

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
              Of course the LC2 Turbo 3.8 ala Buick GN gets my vote.

Doubtful you have the "109" block...... that number would have to be in the engine's casting number for it to be the turbo block. And no, the 3.4 isn't related. Whole different engine.

One of these days, I swear I'm going to put a serious LC2 in a 4th gen.
              Now that I would love to see. Need a hand?
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Cheers, any info you can find on 3.4l v6 super charger would be apreciated jessica... I can get my block Nitroused over here in the uk easily, in just scared of seeing it explode all over the road, and ruine my newly painted hood!
                Screaming Mad
                Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
                Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
                0-60 7.74
                1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Comment

Working...
                X