hatch rattle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hatch rattle

does anyones hatch rattle alot when you go over a bump...it sounds like my is open still and just bouncing around.
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

yup ... getting to drive me crazy....
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

Have you checked the spare and jack to make sure they are secure? Sometimes they get loose. If it's the hatch, you can try turning the rubber bumpers. They're on the corners of the hatch and are adjustable.
      Joe K.
      '11 BMW 328i
      '10 Matrix S AWD
      Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

yeh it really is...even if i hit the littlest bump i feel im gonna shatter my freakin glass. i cant even think of anything to do to help it out.
        1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

how do you stand that?.... I'd have ripped the dang thing off with my bare hands by now!!!
          '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

yeh its pretty annoying.
            1996 Trans Am WS6

Comment

Yup mine does that too, pretty annoying. Gotta do something about it soon or im going to go nuts
              -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

My '91 Bravada does it (daily driver). It's making me crazy. I think mine is the outside spare though. I would check the jack and spare first as Joe said. Also, I've heard the high wings can come just loose enough where the rubber grommets rub against the paint and cause a squeeking sound. Just another thought...
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

im gonna have to find out something to fix this....weatherstripping or something were the hatch meets the body... it seems like the car flexes alot and where the two corners of the hatch meet the body, thats were the problem is.
                  1996 Trans Am WS6

Comment

There are adjustments on the lower latch and there should be an adjustable rubber snubber at each rear corner. If you lower the bottom latch slightly and adjust the rubber snubbers upward, the rattle should stop.

Comment

So its not just my car then! not spare or the jack... I"ll try find these rubbers to adjust tomorrow?!!
                      Screaming Mad
                      Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
                      Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
                      0-60 7.74
                      1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Comment

Working...
                      X