NFB: Need some info on old Chevy/GMC trucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Need some info on old Chevy/GMC trucks

I'm looking for a truck and while I don't need it to be a project truck, I'd like to find something older that's in good condition to get me around but yet something that needs a little work so that I have a project to work on. I found a an old chevy truck at a local hole in the wall dealership. It's hard for me to get to this dealership while it's open so I'm hoping you guys can give me or point me towards some info on these trucks. It appears to be a mid-late 60's model. Newish paint (powder blue and white ), and appears from the outside to be in decent condition. Main questions I have are what engines were common in these trucks, when was 4 wheel drive introduced into chevy trucks (any chance this truck would have it?),common problems with them? what about restoration and aftermarket sources?

I'm hoping to get there while it's open soon so I can get some more info about this particluar truck, but any general info is appreciated.
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

the truck I found looks very similar to this one:

http://www.oldchevytruck.com/trucks9/zw.htm
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

I dont know about the 4wheel drive or how much aftermarket stuff there is, but as far as engines go I think alot where straight 6's I could be wrong. My uncle has a 64 and 2 65's(same body style) 2 are for parts only and one is a driver they all have straight 6's either 235's or 250's I think.
      1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
      1995 Silverado-beater truck
      2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

You can get about anything you want/need for an old Chevy truck. Easy to work on. You will have to see what engine is actually in that one. Could be a six or V8. They had factory 4WD back in the 50's.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

i think the C10s were 2wd. boss at my job has a 70? c10 that he restored and its a 2wd truck. he threw in a 305 and a 700r4
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

As everyone stated, it's real easy to do conversions to older GM trucks. Nice find.
            SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
            17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
            Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...
            X