Nitrous Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrous Help

I have a problem with my system. When open the Nitros tank it sprays. Its like its armed at WOT. The system isn't power up, what could be the problem. My system is a dry kit for LT1.

Are you saying when you open your bottle valve, nitrous flows out of the spray nozzle on the intake? That would indicate there is power to the solenoids (short) or that the solenoids are stuck open. Is it the NOS 5176 with the two Super Powershot solenoids in series?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Yes, and it has the dual soleniods one ups the fuel pressure. If the solenoids are struck open how can you repair or fix the problem?

Comment

Is unusual for both solenoids to take a crap at the same time. Are you sure its not getting +12V to the solenoids somehow? It might be worth putting a volt meter across the solenoids to make sure.

If the solenoids are bad, could be dirt on the seats. If they are NOS solenoids, they sell a "rebuild kit" for about $35 that gives you a new seat and the needle that seals to the seat. If they are NX, they may be "guaranteed for life"... free rebuilds possibly?

One other possible idea... are you sure you have them connected corrctly as far as the "inlet" and "outlet"? Have they ever worked correctly (and this is just a recent problem) or did you just install the system?
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The system is NOS. I had the system on the car prior to me rebuild the engine to 396. The NOS did work and I disconnected the wiring to the solenoids. But it still sprayed. The system was purchase Aug 04 and used about 6 times. I took the system apart prior to the work to the engine. How do you check the solenoids? Another question is can run a pro charger with 11.1 compression? How much boost can I run?

Comment

Originally posted by Ponyrider
            I disconnected the wiring to the solenoids. But it still sprayed.
            That means the solenoid is jammed open.

Comment

Working...
            X