New baby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New baby

Well, I'm finally out of the old Trans Am and into something I don't have to fix everytime I go anywhere. I got a 2002 Midnight Blue Firebird about two weeks ago... haven't gotten around to pics yet. She may not have the acceleration of the blue beast, but I can drive more than 100 miles without a trip to the mechanic and having to live off Top Ramen in order to afford the repairs. And she's absolutely beautiful. Life is good! Tho I am going to be sad when the old one gets a new home... it's always that way, huh?

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
    1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Congrats on the new f-bod. Yes, it is always sad to see your loved one go, but at the same time you have a newer car that costs a lot less to maintain. It's always good in life to let go of some things to try and better your current situation.

Enjoy the new bird and take care of her!
    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

How come you went to a V6? Just wondering.
      99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase. The midnight blue is a great color. Getting out of the old, unreliable T/A and moving into a new, reliable V6 was a smart move if this is your daily driver. Save on gas, insurance, and repairs.

Plus, if you ever want more acceleration out of it down the road, you can do as Jessica2112 did, and get a supercharger. I'm sure she'll help you out with that install if and when the time comes.

Have fun and good luck with her.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

congrats.... you will enjoy the car, thats for sure....

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
          Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
          sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Assuming your old car was a stock, somewhat tired 5.0 TPI, I'd be willing to bet that your new bird with a fresh 3800 in it would beat it in a race. Those 3800 cars are fast by mid-80's standards.

What was a new 5.0 TPI? 215 horse?

Your 3800 has to have around that.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
              Assuming your old car was a stock, somewhat tired 5.0 TPI, I'd be willing to bet that your new bird with a fresh 3800 in it would beat it in a race. Those 3800 cars are fast by mid-80's standards.

It probably has more HP, and more top end power, but it probably feels slower because it doesn't have that v8 kick her old car had. I have ridden in 15 second early 80's cars that feel like rockets on a takeoff.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Yeah, I went to the V6 because it's my daily driver, and as much as I loved the kick of the V8, the gas mileage was terrible. Besides, my new V6 is quick enough for me... she's got some kick when I push her.

*Pam*

Comment

The 3800s are no slouch..... Nice cars.

Comment

Welcome to the world of V6! There ok for daily drivers... I still want a super charger though!
                    Screaming Mad
                    Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
                    Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
                    0-60 7.74
                    1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ

Tracy, I think they made a lot of torque, they just ran out of breath at higher rpms. I don't remember what the torque was, though I think around 280 lb-ft which is pretty stout. As you know, it's torque which snaps your head back on a street car and why she felt like her old car seemed faster.

Comment

Just wanted to show her off... got a new sig pic, not great since I took it with my phone, but all I have as of yet.

*Pam*

Comment

Great looking car.
                          SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                          SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                          17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                          Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Working...