Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my 94 z28 is miss firing, what's the cause?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 94 z28 is miss firing, what's the cause?

My 94 z28 is miss firing. When the car is stopped the engine revs itself and tries to go foward, whenever i kick down on the peddle it doesn't even excel to it's full potential and it stalls sometimes. When you start the car it revs itself also. If you guys can help me with this i'd appreciate it. Thanks for looking at this post.

Do you have any mods at all... e.g. - headers?

What is the general condition of the ignition components - plugs, wires, coil and IC Module?

Has the OptiSpark distributor ever been replaced?

Almost sounds like its got a vacuum leak, accounting for the surging rev at idle and the stumble when you floor it. But that's just a guess, without knowing any more about it than you've posted.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X