Big Thump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Thump

Hey everyone, My 97 Z28 w/85,000 started to make a pretty big thump in the rear end area when shifting from first to second. I have a B&M shifter plus installed and has been for about 4 years now. I usually keep it on the hardest shift setting. If I set it for the softer shift it dosnt seem to do it but when I get on it and its in the hardest shift mode I get a pretty loud thump which seems like its comming from the rear. It sounds like a bowling ball is rolling around in my back seat, and no I dont have a bowling ball in my back seat. I jacked up the back of the car to look for somthing obvious but I saw nothing. Could this be the biginning of the end for mt differential?? is this what happenes when they start to go?? Might it be the transmission?? I really dont think so because it seems shift fine. Any help is appreciated Thanks, Dave
    1997 30th Anniversary Z28. Artic White with Hugger Orange Stripes. T-Tops, K&N Cold Air Intake, Mac Headers & High Flow Cats,Flowmaster Cat Back. Auto W/B&M Shifter Plus. Drilled And Slotted Rotors. Steel Braded Brake Lines. Alpine CD/MP3, JL Audio Stealth Box.

Broken trans mount.

Comment

Thanks Joe. I'll check that tomorrow
      1997 30th Anniversary Z28. Artic White with Hugger Orange Stripes. T-Tops, K&N Cold Air Intake, Mac Headers & High Flow Cats,Flowmaster Cat Back. Auto W/B&M Shifter Plus. Drilled And Slotted Rotors. Steel Braded Brake Lines. Alpine CD/MP3, JL Audio Stealth Box.

Comment

Working...
      X