Broken again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken again

Got up this morning early to go teach, jumped in the bird, no crank. 5 min. late already. Got the voltmeter out, battery stone cold dead. Put the charger on 12 volt start - just clicking. 10 min late (on the 2nd day). Battery wont take a charge. This thing is one month old from auto zone! I had to drive the Jeep on such a nice day. Could be some kind of parasitic draw, but I think the battery is just junk. Anybody have any problems with the auto zone duralast battery?
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

I'd put my money on a parasite !

I doubt it's a bum battery.

Just disconnect it overnight & see...... of course, the battery has now been hurt due to the full discharges.

Gordon Arnold - '00 WS6 T/A - Sold

Comment

Well, I cant remember the last time I did such a dumb move. I put the battery on the charger, its not taking a charge. OK, probably a bad battery. Took it to autozone, it takes a charge there and tests good. Why does it take a charge there and not in my car? Because they dont have a bottle heater attached to it drawing all kinds of amperage! Duh! I left the bottle heater on all night! I removed the t-stat from it too, im surprised it didnt burn the heater out or blow the safety pressure refief valve in the bottle. Hopefully, all the damage that was done was a dead battery.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
      X