This made my day!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This made my day!!!!

Today I had the tops off cruising into a meeting. I got off the highway and this older guy(I would guess in his 70s) pulled up in a sweet looking red C5 Z06. He actually rolled down the window to tell me, "you got a real nice car there son" along with a thumbs up. My jaw dropped to the floorboard, it felt nice coming from a vette guy cuz too often we do not get the respect they should give us.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Haha, I had the total opposite experience. On the way to NJ beach an old couple pulled up next to me in there C5 zo6, the guy looked at me as I did him and vroom he just disapeared. I was like
    1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

well... he's right...
      '07 Black Tahoe LTZ (my new baby)

'96 White Firebird (sold )

Comment

Afterwards I realized I just kinda smiled and sat there. Like I was star-struck I forgot to say thanks or anything. Kinda funny!!!!!!!!
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside thoroughly used up and totally worn out, loudly proclaiming......WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

Comment

older people than me talk to me all the time about my car i think its a great convo. starter lol today some guy in 2nd gen camaro yelled out his window looking good buddy when i had the t-tops out i felt very happy i usually try and wave to all the other f-bod owners but around here most of them are young and are like why is he waving i guess they dont realize that trans am firebird camaro ss z28 rs or v-6 we are all buds correct ? they look at me sometimes like a stang
          1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Comment

thats kool man, i also got a story like that....
            i was out in the chevelle and im at a red light and then a brand new C6 vette pulls up next to me and the guy rolls his window down and tells me how sweet the chevelle looks and then he tells me "this is the only car that has brought back memories of my 70 chevelle" lol that felt pretty good i told him how badass the vette looked and as the turn light went green i smoked the tires a bit
            1967 Camaro "Project"
            1972 Chevelle "454"
            1979 Trans Am "Project Ls-1"

Comment

My personal favorite- "Hey, that thing is front wheel drive, right?"
              Me:
              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
              SOLD- Kinda miss it
              94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
              SOLD- Good riddance!
              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                Me:
                Too funny.

I had a Cop give me a thumbs up last month. That felt pretty good. The absolute best is when a kid drops his jaw when seeing your car. I love that feeling. I can remember being a kid and doing the same thing.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by Nightrage
                  Me:
                  or...this has happend to me in the gto: "that have a v8"?

"naaaaaaaaah...it's a 6.0 liter v6............."........

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                    The absolute best is when a kid drops his jaw when seeing your car. I love that feeling. I can remember being a kid and doing the same thing.
                    I 100% agree. I remember all the time when I was young yelling at sports/muscle cars to do burnouts. A couple times I've heard kids yelling to do a burnout, or they'll be motioning me to spin my tires with their hands.

That's one of the few times I'll gladly come to a full stop, hold down the brake slightly, and just light 'em up like no other

Gotta do it for the kids...it was always the coolest thing when someone did that for me back in the day
                    black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Yea I remember being pulled over by a cop (thinking i was speeding or something) and having the cop talk to me about my car and how cool it looks and sounds. I had nothing better to do that day just out for a sunday stroll and was better then a ticket.

all the time i have older people come up to me and talk about wishing they never got rid of their camaro/firebirds.
                      I LOVE COBRA'S -
                      THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

Originally posted by RyanB58
                        Today I had the tops off cruising into a meeting. I got off the highway and this older guy(I would guess in his 70s) pulled up in a sweet looking red C5 Z06. He actually rolled down the window to tell me, "you got a real nice car there son" along with a thumbs up. My jaw dropped to the floorboard, it felt nice coming from a vette guy cuz too often we do not get the respect they should give us.
                        I'd a told ya the same thing..................

then blow your doors off in a cloud of screeming smoke........

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahahahahaa

(just kiddin)...about the blowinDoorsOff

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfman
                          I'd a told ya the same thing..................

then blow your doors off in a cloud of screeming smoke........

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahhahahahahahahaa

(just kiddin)...about the blowinDoorsOff
                          No you were not Wolfman, LOL!!!!
                          I wouldn't even try against that bad boy of yours.

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
                            I 100% agree. I remember all the time when I was young yelling at sports/muscle cars to do burnouts. A couple times I've heard kids yelling to do a burnout, or they'll be motioning me to spin my tires with their hands.

That's one of the few times I'll gladly come to a full stop, hold down the brake slightly, and just light 'em up like no other

Gotta do it for the kids...it was always the coolest thing when someone did that for me back in the day
                            Lol...thats the same thing I do...I love seeing kids' jaws drop Reminds me of my youth, too.
                            Greg W. in West Michigan
                            1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                            1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                            1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                            1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                            1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                            <Motor out

Comment

Working...
                            X