Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Review..ContiExtremeContacts 245/45-17

Hey guys,
    Just had some ContiExtremeContacts put on my car about 2 weeks ago. I found them on tirerack.com and saw that they had GREAT reviews. Thought I would try them out. EXCELLENT PRICE!! I am VERY pleased with them. EXCELLENT all around traction... Dry, Wet, Cornering, etc. I couldnt be happier. Also, road noise is almost non-existant. The treadwear rating is 400 so they will last a while too. Two Big Thumbs Up!!!
    No F-Body right now

Mark,

How are the Eagles holding up? -They seem to be very price competitive on ebay...

They sure look good on the Prix!

Martin
    '94 TA. A4, MagnaFlow Catback, ZR1 Replica Wheels, Hawk Brake Pads (HPS), 58k miles.

Comment

Really well. I get TONS of comliments on them.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

sounds good..but dont put stock in treadwear numbers. the Uniform Tire Grading Program is a joke. its a polical game played by the tire manufacuturers who asign the number themselves based on an independent 6k highway test done by a test contractor uner thier contract.... all marketing...

rember... in order to achieve good traction...then non synthetic rubber is needed in the tread compound.. the more natural rubber in the compound..the faster the wear rate. its a heads up trade off...............

k

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

What do you type in to look for tires on e-bay i've been looking for some on there without much luck.
          1994 Firebird Formula, M6, Fan switch, 160 thermostat, Pacesetter LT headers, Morosso CAI, TB bypass, True duals.

Comment

how much did you pay for them
            1995 formula firebird
            mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

Comment

I paid just under $600 installed. I think it was $123 a tire. I actually didnt buy them from tirerack... I just got a local tire shop to price match them!!!
              No F-Body right now

Comment

Tirerack.com has excellent prices, no doubt. I bought a set of Sumitomo HTR+'s (255x45x17) for $103 per tire several months ago when the ContiExtremes were still backordered. Couldn't be happier, although I'll probably try the Continental's the next time around if the positive reviews continue.

Comment

YOU GUYS ARE LUCKY LAST TIME I LOOKED MY BACK TIRES WERE 322 A POP 285 40 17 GSC
                  1995 formula firebird
                  mods k&n fipk ,flowmaster catback, 52mm throttle body, crane hi-6 with lx92 coil,mad dog tranny with trans cooler

Comment

Working...
                  X