Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a Few Question's

I like the 82'-92' z28's like this:

My question is if the z28 is faster then the rs, and the body kit like this one, is just for rs unless you buy it for the z28.

because i notice that usly the z28, deos not have a body kit like the one below.

And is the 3rd gen as fast as the 4th gen.

Like the 4th gens, the body kit is only on the RS. You'll have to buy the kit for the z28, unless you find someone selling one that already did.

And the 3rd gen is not near as fast as a 4th gen. Especially if you're talking LS1 4th gens.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

The first 2 pictures are of a stock appearing black 1991 or 1992 Z28. The tall spoiler is characteristic to that car only. Also specific to that car are the flush louvers in the hood.

The third picture is of a 1991 or 1992 RS. It has been modified with a different hood (it should be flat) and the spoiler from a Z28. (It should have the standard low profile fin on it)

Another difference between Z and RS is the front grille. The Z gets fog lights while the RS does not. Both the Z28 and RS of these years share the same ground effects with fake ducts in them and the same body panels as well as the same 16" rims.

The last picture you posted is of a stock appearing 1988 - 1990 Iroc. The ground effects are body colored and do not have the fake (1991-1992) ducts in them, the spoiler is the stock low profile unit, the Iroc stickers are located at the rear of the door, the rims have 2 narrow lines in each spoke, the hood has the proper louvers and it has the correct fog lights.

There was a 1987 Z28 model that looked identical to the IROC only is had different wheels, decals and no fog lights. The ground effects were painted to contrast the body as well. For example, a silver Z28 would get black ground effects.

There was also a 1988 Camaro (base model) built that had body color keyed Iroc ground effects and a very unique low rise wing on the decklid instead of the standard spoiler. It had a flat hood, no fog lights and 15" aluminum wheels. It could be had with a 5.0 TBI V8 or the 2.8 V6. It also had the old single line tail lights.

A 1989 RS was the same as the 1988 base Camaro only it got the regular low profile spoiler like the Iroc and had double line tail lights.

Earlier Irocs can be identified as follows:
      1985 - 1987 > single wide line on each spoke of the rims
      1986 > third tail light on top the rear window
      1885 > no third tail light
      1987 - 1990 > third tail light in the spoiler
      1985 - 1988 > IROC decal at front of doors
      1989 - 1990 > IROC decal at rear of doors

Irocs never got the ground effects with the fake ducts in them, always had fog lights and Iroc rims. Some Irocs got 15" Iroc rims, others got 16" depending on how the car was ordered. Irocs always had the ground effects painted to match the rest of the car. Irocs and RSs never got the wing that was used on the 1991 and 1992 Z28s.

Confused? I had to live through it, and I've owned 3 3rd gen cars. Here is a helpful website:

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclec...istory-3.shtml
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
        The first 2 pictures are of a stock appearing black 1991 or 1992 Z28. The tall spoiler is characteristic to that car only. Also specific to that car are the flush louvers in the hood.

The third picture is of a 1991 or 1992 RS. It has been modified with a different hood (it should be flat) and the spoiler from a Z28. (It should have the standard low profile fin on it)

Another difference between Z and RS is the front grille. The Z gets fog lights while the RS does not. Both the Z28 and RS of these years share the same ground effects with fake ducts in them and the same body panels as well as the same 16" rims.

The last picture you posted is of a stock appearing 1988 - 1990 Iroc. The ground effects are body colored and do not have the fake (1991-1992) ducts in them, the spoiler is the stock low profile unit, the Iroc stickers are located at the rear of the door, the rims have 2 narrow lines in each spoke, the hood has the proper louvers and it has the correct fog lights.

There was a 1987 Z28 model that looked identical to the IROC only is had different wheels, decals and no fog lights. The ground effects were painted to contrast the body as well. For example, a silver Z28 would get black ground effects.

There was also a 1988 Camaro (base model) built that had body color keyed Iroc ground effects and a very unique low rise wing on the decklid instead of the standard spoiler. It had a flat hood, no fog lights and 15" aluminum wheels. It could be had with a 5.0 TBI V8 or the 2.8 V6. It also had the old single line tail lights.

A 1989 RS was the same as the 1988 base Camaro only it got the regular low profile spoiler like the Iroc and had double line tail lights.

Earlier Irocs can be identified as follows:
        1985 - 1987 > single wide line on each spoke of the rims
        1986 > third tail light on top the rear window
        1885 > no third tail light
        1987 - 1990 > third tail light in the spoiler
        1985 - 1987 > IROC decal at front of doors
        1987 - 1990 > IROC decal at rear of doors

Irocs never got the ground effects with the fake ducts in them, always had fog lights and Iroc rims. Some Irocs got 15" Iroc rims, others got 16" depending on how the car was ordered. Irocs always had the ground effects painted to match the rest of the car. Irocs and RSs never got the wing that was used on the 1991 and 1992 Z28s.

Confused? I had to live through it, and I've owned 3 3rd gen cars. Here is a helpful website:

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclec...istory-3.shtml

Thank you, that helps allot.

Did you like your 3rd gen?

could make a 3rd gen faster then the 4th?

Comment

Originally posted by DravenLament
          Thank you, that helps allot.

Did you like your 3rd gen?

Yes, I loved my 3rd gens. They can be made to be very fast! The Tuned Port Injection setup left some to be desired because it had a very weak top end. I still think they look just as good as 4th gens and the picture you posted of that black 3rd gen Z28 made me drool. The 3rd gen chasis was a little flimsy, I'd recommend sub frame connectors and a strut tower brace to fix that. The 4th gen chasis is 25% stiffer. A third gen Iroc / Z28 with a LT1 / T56 combo would be very cool in my book.

Here are some pictures of my past 3rd gen cars...
          This is a 1986 Camaro base model coupe that I converted over to 5.7 V8

Here is my 1987 Z28 that I made into a IROC clone. You can tell it is not a real Iroc because the ground effects are black. It also had a 5.7 in it built by now Nascar engine builder Rick Kippley. Headers, Dart heads, true duals, all the goodies.

And this is the last 3rd gen I owned. It is a bone stock 1988 Iroc 5.7. It was cherry, and show quality. Heck, all my 3rd gens were near perfect but that was back when they were not that old.

Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I love your red one, your so lucky to have had them.

For the past 2 months iv been working from 1:30am to 1 pm killing myself, trying to save up money for a 3rd gen.(I live in Florida so its best to work at night, but from 7-1 its super hot, and I知 in a truck with no a/c) I make 9 an hour so its going to take a while. I'm 17, hopefully by the time I知 18, I can get one.

How much do you think a 91' Z28 runs in price.

Comment

Hey... I have a set of those wheels. They were on my 87 WS6 when i bought it. I'm curretly using them on my GN while it is put away.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                Hey... I have a set of those wheels. They were on my 87 WS6 when i bought it. I'm curretly using them on my GN while it is put away.
                Why does that not surprise me? I think you have a set of every rim ever made!
                Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:

Comment

I love your red one, your so lucky to have had them.

For the past 2 months iv been working from 1:30am to 1 pm killing myself, trying to save up money for a 3rd gen.(I live in Florida so its best to work at night, but from 7-1 its super hot, and I知 in a truck with no a/c) I make 9 an hour so its going to take a while. I'm 17, hopefully by the time I知 18, I can get one.

How much do you think a 91' Z28 runs in price.
                  Well, I sold that red 88 back in 2002 for $3900. It had 88K on the odometer at the time but looked like new still. I'd say you should be able to find a pretty minty 91 Z28 with around 75,000 miles on it for around $5,000.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:

Comment

You could make a civic faster than a 4th gen.

Speed costs, how much do you want to spend?
                    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
                      You could make a civic faster than a 4th gen.

Speed costs, how much do you want to spend?
                      ricer lover.........

bwwahahahahaa

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                      Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                      sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

I'm so happy, I just bought a 92' red RS for 500$, and I bought off the guy black & silver camaro rims with band new tires on it for 250$.

the body of the car is perfect, only thing it needs is a new alternator, and battery.

I知 going to paint it black, and tomorrow, I知 going to get a 91 z28 spoiler for it I saw at the junk yard a few days ago

Comment

I'm so happy, I just bought a 92' red RS for 500$, and I bought off the guy black & silver camaro rims with band new tires on it for 250$.

the body of the car is perfect, only thing it needs is a new alternator, and battery.

I知 going to paint it black, and tomorrow, I知 going to get a 91 z28 spoiler for it I saw at the junk yard a few days ago
                          Lets see some pictures! It sounds like you got a deal!
                          Tracy
                          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                          Current Mods:

Comment

Lets see some pictures! It sounds like you got a deal!
                            will do

Comment

Working...
                            X