Injectors - what brand/size?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injectors - what brand/size?

I am going to replace the factory injectors. Can anybody reccomend a brand/size that will accomodate future mods. I am probably going to go with forced induction, hopefully by late fall. (looking more like winter/spring though)

For the price it would cost me to flow/test/clean the old injectors, it would be better to upgrade and buy new ones. I know that I will have to get the pcm tuned for the larger injectors.

Will larger injectors cause any driveability problems?

Any reason I shouldn't get 37 or 42# Racetronix, or SVO 30#?
    1995 Firebird Formula
    (A4 3.23)Ram Air w/ K&N, TransGo Shift Kit w/3 washers ,SLP~Shorty headers, LoudMouth, Air Foil, LineLocks. Catco Cat. Hypertech 160. TB Bypass. MSD~8.5mm. Walbro 255lph. FT MAF ends. LT4KM. BMR~Adj LCA's, Rear sway, Panhard rod. HAL QA1 rear shocks. Random Tech adj TQ arm. Nitto NT555R's. Covered in Zaino. 13.466@103.85 N/A. [1.948 60' 13.410 @ 102.66 11/20/05]

Originally posted by Formulaboy95
    I am going to replace the factory injectors. Can anybody reccomend a brand/size that will accomodate future mods. I am probably going to go with forced induction, hopefully by late fall. (looking more like winter/spring though)

For the price it would cost me to flow/test/clean the old injectors, it would be better to upgrade and buy new ones. I know that I will have to get the pcm tuned for the larger injectors.

Will larger injectors cause any driveability problems?

Any reason I shouldn't get 37 or 42# Racetronix, or SVO 30#?
    Can't really help ya with the size, but driveability should be fine once the PCM is retuned. I upgraded mine from the factory 22 lb. injectors to the LS6 25 lb. ones and haven't noticed any negative effects outside of a slightly rough idle (bad tune). You can always go with 36 or higher and have the PCM tuned for it and you should be fine. This gives you that "room to grow" factor
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
    X