Electric Choke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Choke

I'm trying wiring up and electic choke to a car that originally didn't have one. Any idea where to hook it up? The carb is an edelbrock 600 cfm with electic choke. Where do these leads connect? Thanks.

I put one on my '79 Camaro that originaly had the exhuast chock. Its been a while but I think I just used the accesory circuit. So as long as the ignition is on the chock will be hot or open.
    I bought an Edelbrock carberator and there was no chock that I could tell. I did have a butterfly I believe so it must be internal.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

What happens when the choke is left disconnected?

Comment

The chock arm or the chock wire?
        If the wire is disconnected you will get a rich mixture even when warm.
        As I remeber I think there was a wire that was not connected to any thing and I just connected ht elec. chock to it. It turned out to be an accessory wire.

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Originally posted by robschr
          I'm trying wiring up and electic choke to a car that originally didn't have one. Any idea where to hook it up? The carb is an edelbrock 600 cfm with electic choke. Where do these leads connect? Thanks.
          Did you recently ask this question on another forum? Maybe it was someone else, but anyways... It gets hooked up to +12 volts switched ignition. Do not hook it up to accessory power. Make sure it only gets power when the ignition is in the "run" position.

Failing to hook it up will result in the car running like absolute crap. The choke coil will not heat up as it is supposed to and it will fail to release the choke. The car will run choked well after the choke should of released.

Start your lawn mower, wait till it is fully warm and pull the choke, see what happens. It might just die. In any event, it will not like it.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Working...
          X