NFB: Football Fans Within

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Need4Speed
    56 days until the new NHL season starts!!

Ooops... wrong topic, lol.

I wanna see what Indianapolis will do this year.
    It's okay... I'm a pretty big NHL fan as well.

To all Cowboys fans - Screw you!!! Sorry... old 70's Cowboys/Steelers rivalry memories coming back, not to mention the '95 "Duel in the Desert" of SuperBowl 30 fiasco.

Did Neil O'Donnell really have to throw DIRECT passes to Larry Brown? Couldn't he have at least made it look like he was trying to win?
    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

GO LIONS

GO WOLVERINES

GO RED WINGS

Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm
        <Superfan 1> Who would win in a fight.....Ditka or da giants...and I don't mean the football team, I mean actual gaints?

<Superfan 2> Ohhh dats a tough one dere todd....but I'd have to give it to Ditka 35-17

<Superfan 3> I agree...it would be a good game...but not that close. Ditka takes it 72-3.

<Superfan 4> I agree...it would be a good game. Ditka takes it tho 742-negative 38.

DDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BBBBEEEEAAARRRRSSSS!!!!!!!

27-24 last night baby!!!! It may be pre-season...but it was better than watching them lose!
        Glad to hear i'm not alone!! Yes, the win was great, i'll take it pre-season or not!

2005 GTO, Quicksilver, 6-Speed, DynaTech LT's and thats it. 366.6 hp/366.7 tq last time I checked.
        Sold-1995 Dark GreenTrans Am, Auto 63K. BBK Headers/off-road y-pipe/Hooker Exhaust/LPI CAI/Hypertech...need some money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
          GO LIONS
          GO RED WINGS
          BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Blackhawks/Bears all the way baby!!!!!! I will say though, the way the lions have been building up their offense recently, they look like they can start being a threat in our division. Joey Harrington has a couple awesome receivers to choose from now.

And as for the Red Wings......I absolutely hate that team with a strong passion. Been playing hockey since I was five....been goin to hawks games since I was born....except for last year that is

Originally posted by Blevyou know
          Glad to hear i'm not alone!! Yes, the win was great, i'll take it pre-season or not!
          DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BEARS!!!!!

BOOOOOO to cheeseheads, red wings, and cardinals
          black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Originally posted by 95TransAm

And as for the Red Wings......I absolutely hate that team with a strong passion. Been playing hockey since I was five....been goin to hawks games since I was born....except for last year that is
            WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Jealousy is flattery... I too, have been playing hockey all my life. Although now I am reduced to a shadow of my former self in the beer leagues... but still fun.
            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

Jealousy is flattery... I too, have been playing hockey all my life. Although now I am reduced to a shadow of my former self in the beer leagues... but still fun.
              Same here. Being 31 (32 in a little over a month) is way different from the days of when I was 18. I feel every game the next day. It's getting tougher and tougher.
              SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
              17K Miles

Comment

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

HAHAHAHA.....it's funny cause we're the same. Beer leagues are the greatest...they make me feel like I'm still an athlete

None the less....let's see how the (aging and should retire) wings are gonna manage to get that puck in the net now that we have Nikolai Khabibulin standing in front of it... bwahahahahaha!
                black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

See, I dunno... because I was a checking forward. 6'0" 200 lbs benching 320 with a football background would do some real damage in the corners when i was in high school. Now that beer leagues are no contact, I need to resort to things like stickhandling and passing... what's that all about?

Comment

See, I dunno... because I was a checking forward. 6'0" 200 lbs benching 320 with a football background would do some real damage in the corners when i was in high school. Now that beer leagues are no contact, I need to resort to things like stickhandling and passing... what's that all about?
                    I would almost agree with you except for the fact that I simply can't handle the checking/hitting anymore ever since I had my back surgery which ended all of my contact sports playing days forever. In high school, I too played hockey and football...it was the greatest thing ever. Football was easy for me, I was on both lines. Hockey though was different...right defense. Stick handling, passing, skating, as well as hitting were all key components to my game. That's the fun for me in the beer leagues. I can't hit anymore , so I resort to everything else and am still able to play.

The other sport that I have resorted to now is baseball. I love pitching...but the less...my younger testosterone filled days of laying someone out who dared to come near you were the greatest.

Comment

Ha! I'm just the opposite. I was always a speedy offensive-defenseman. I relied heavily on speed and a few moves. I'm not the greatest stick-handler in the world, but it got me by enough when coupled with my legs. Now.... I've lost a step, maybe even two. Having a knee surgery certainly didn't help. Also - I was never the biggest guy on our team. Far from it (5'10" 185). I was ALWAYS the smallest of any defensive pairing I was matched with. Whenever the guys like you (big checking forwards) would come into our zone, guess who they targeted first?

Now I feel every one of those hits.
                      SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                      17K Miles

Comment

Originally posted by vinnye89
                        COWBOYS BABY!!!!!!!!! I'm thinkin wildcard this year at least.

and casey02ws6, How bout that Texas vs. Ohio State game... It's goin to be one of the best matchups this year...
                        I know I am biased but for some reason (maybe it is said bias) I do not see that one being all that close. Texas wants Vince Young to run - if Texas comes in with the idea that the offense will work with him running the ball they will get rolled. Texas has a lot of great athletes so if they mix it up it will be interesting but big programs typically think they can force their will on the other team. Ohio State does very well against a mobile quarterback. It will be fun either way.

Man I am glad football is back!!
                        Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                          Ha! I'm just the opposite. I was always a speedy offensive-defenseman. I relied heavily on speed and a few moves. I'm not the greatest stick-handler in the world, but it got me by enough when coupled with my legs. Now.... I've lost a step, maybe even two. Having a knee surgery certainly didn't help. Also - I was never the biggest guy on our team. Far from it (5'10" 185). I was ALWAYS the smallest of any defensive pairing I was matched with. Whenever the guys like you (big checking forwards) would come into our zone, guess who they targeted first?

Now I feel every one of those hits.
                          I've had 3 Knee surgeries!!!! 2 left, 1 right... two dislocations and a torn ACL...

Comment

I've had 3 Knee surgeries!!!! 2 left, 1 right... two dislocations and a torn ACL...
                            Ouch... which hurt more? The dislocation or torn ACL? I tore the MCL on my right knee in two spots. I've never felt pain like that before or since. To make matters worse, the x-ray techs at the hospital I went to dropped me off the strectcher, onto the table.... on my bad knee!!! I was in so much pain I couldn't even speak. The guy just said "sorry".
                            SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                            17K Miles

Comment

Working...
                            X