No announcement yet.

Anyone With Aftermarket Valve Covers ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone With Aftermarket Valve Covers ??

going to install 1.6 rr might as well change the valve covers while i'm at it..
    ALSO what valve cover gaskets to get ?
    got pics of them installed?
    thanks,
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

anyone ??? been lookking for days and can't find anything
    eddie
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

I just modified the support brackets on the stock valve covers...I like to keep a "stock" appearance. The CC Pro Mags aren't small either, but still fit well.
      I don't know if it's the same with aftermarket, but neoprene gaskets are great because they're reusable and last a long time.
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Check Jegs, I know they sell some for our cars.
        1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Comment

Do a search on the web for LT1 valve covers. There are a bunch of aftermarket choices out there for LT1's. Just keep in mind you will need the passenger cover to be notched to clear the alternator. Other than that, they are identical to a centerbolt SBC valve cover. I like the polished aluminum covers.

Comment

Do the valve covers come notched most of the time or is that something we have to get done?
            1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Comment

The ones specific for our cars come that way, the other generic centerbolt ones like for TPI do not. So, if you buy a set that doesn't look like the picture kevin posted, you get to cut & weld.

Comment

kevin,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...spagenameZWDVW

these look like the one you posted pics of. will these fit over 1.6 roller rockers????
                eddie

Comment

Originally posted by LoudLT1
                  kevin,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY...spagenameZWDVW

these look like the one you posted pics of. will these fit over 1.6 roller rockers????
                  eddie
                  Hard to tell by their pictures. I would call that number and ask them if they are taller than stock covers. I suspect they will be. Most aftermarket valve covers are made taller than stock in anticipation of aftermarket upper valvetrain setups.

Comment

Working...
                  X