Question for anyone with 1.6 Rockers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for anyone with 1.6 Rockers

How many of you guys have bought the narrow rockers to fit the valve covers, and how many have modified the inner valve cover?

Just curious because the norrow bodies ones are like a hundred bucks more.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
    Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

I sandwiched/flattened the bottom of the support brackets to make the Pro Mags fit. Easy to do with a bench vice.

94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

modified the stock covers
      '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

I bought the 3/8 stud narrow GM roller rockers for the LT4. I did have to buy 1/4" taller valve covers to get the polly locks to fit under the covers.

Eric W.

89 Firebird Formula WS6
        Accel/Lingenfelter Super Ram
        6.2L/382.97 ci
        Custom PROM Dyno tuned
        WCT-5 speed
        BW 9-bolt Posi 3.45
        Boss MS 18" Rims
        Headman Headers 1 5/8 Ceramic Coated
        Custom Dual exhaust
        1LE upgrade
        Custom Temperature / Navigation Rear View Mirror
        In a constant state of upgrade!

Comment

I have the Crane gold self-aligning rockers, and they fit under the stock covers with no mods. Nothing was rubbing as far as I know. Now I use the plastic valve covers and they have a lot more room.

Comment

Working...
          X