Biggest tranny cooler possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest tranny cooler possible?

I want to install a tranny cooler on my 95 LT1, how big of a cooler can I go with and still make an easy fit on the radiator? The cooler I'm looking at right now is 11 inches tall, 11 3/4 long, and has a 9 1/4 core. I like the cooler I just think it is to big. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible.

Originally posted by Cerwin Vega Fan
    I want to install a tranny cooler on my 95 LT1, how big of a cooler can I go with and still make an easy fit on the radiator? The cooler I'm looking at right now is 11 inches tall, 11 3/4 long, and has a 9 1/4 core. I like the cooler I just think it is to big. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Wow, that is like a foot square. I think you mean like 1 1/4" core.

I never could figure out where to put mine so I just swapped to a M6.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

My tranny cooler is this exact one right here.

I have it right in front of my radiator with spacers in between the two. My car doesn't run hotter than before the install also.

I wish I had a picture to show you, but I know for a fact I could have slipped a bigger one in there with ease. I decided to get a trans temp gauge with it as well. In 95 degree heat with my car in stop and go traffic for an hour, the hottest she got was 205-210ish I believe.
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

Since my car was originally an M6, the Griffin radiator did not include a trans cooler section. When I installed the TH400 with a non-locking, high stall converter, we used a Perma-Cool fan assisted cooler. No problem at all with a 5,000rpm flash stall convertor and 800 lb-ft of torque.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X