No announcement yet.

Video of 03 Corvette racing exotics!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of 03 Corvette racing exotics!!!

Is this video for real? Man, I had a smile, ear to ear. I can only imagine what those guys were thinking seeing that Vette spank them.... Although, that Porsche gave him a good run... Check it out:

Corvette vs. the World

PS. Don't know if this has been posted before by anyone but if it has, sorry

Cheers,
    Steve
    SOLD: 1993 M6 Trans Am, black with ZR1 rims, Borla cat-back, Random Tech cat, SLP headers and Y, Morosso CAI

The vette and our F-bods may have the lower speeds dominated acceleration wise (in a straight line).. but the Ferrari's and Porsche's have top end speed... sure we can beat them to ~150 or so... but when we reach our top speed (170 or so) they can keep going and going and going to 200+

I'd like to see them do an all out balls-to-the-wall all-out top-end run and max out the performance of each car... I love exotics and our cars, ok and vette's are doable ( ) and each has their superior marks over the others... but that is impressive when you see a vette exceed the accleration capabilities of the exotics... man I need to buy the original cannon ball run movies

awesome vid...

Once in a while on fri and sat summer nights the exotics come to newport to go to millionaire/billionaire parties at the super-mansions here... maybe I can play with them one day

to put it short ...
    --------- Awesome Video ! thanks for sharing Hemoglobin
    Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
    Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
    pics and info

Comment

I have a real hard time believing that Corvette had an internally stock motor... but a very cool vid theless!
      Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

The Maranello (spelling?) I think is in the ballpark of 400hp. No reason a Z06 couldn't hang. I'm sure it's more top end geared, but it's not as if it's the F40 or the Enzo.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
        Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

I was more referring to the slaughtering of the Gallardo than anything else...

But, by the way... how SWEET does that LS6 sound up top???
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Comment

Oh...my CPU crapped out before I got to see that part

In that case I agree 100% with you!

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
            Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

Originally posted by jerrysta
              Oh...my CPU crapped out before I got to see that part

In that case I agree 100% with you!
              LOL, you need some CPU speed mods!
              Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rob B (shoebox)
                LOL, you need some CPU speed mods!
                Metamucil, I think

Comment

think he mighta has a small shot of nos in there too? or... not stock...of course..whats "not stock" about some of those exotic's too.....wow.

nice vid..too much "yoo yoooo" weirdo stuff though....

for us old folks...hahahahaa

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                  Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                  sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

That is one sweet vette. It is always great to see pure american muscle cars take on exotics and win.
                    slp longtube headers, slp y-pipe, high-flow cats, superchips programmer, slp 85mm air sensor, slp loudmouth exhaust, ws6 hood, slp cai, kn air filter, slp high-flow lid, smooth bellows, tb bypass, subframes, lca's, panhard bar, torque arm.

Comment

Working...
                    X