Things i can do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things i can do

dang... my dad finally got a day off so we could do the zaino but its fixin to rain and if you are familiar with oklahoma weather, then you know that it gets extremely humid before it rains. and the zaino website said humidity slows zaino down a bunch, so im just gonna wait but while i wait, i have a question. ive talked to a local guy about modifications i can make to my car to make it faster and run better and he said some stuff but i was wonderin if you guys knew some good things i could do to it while i have money. its a 3.8 liter v6 thanks guys
    1998 black firebird

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

lots of stuff ... upgrade the suspension .. headers .. cold air intake ...upgrade the brakes ... tires/wheels ... just depends on how much you want to spend and what you have done already
    97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
    In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

I know a couple of v6 guys here in GA that have pretty quick V6's...any suspension mod you can do for a V8 you can do for a V6. Pretty much what you can do for a V8 you can do for a V6...only disadvantage, V8's respond better to mods...not ot mention make a lot more power.

www.3800performance.com
      www.thunderracing.com
      www.tbyrne.com

Try these guys for a quick idea what you can do...you'd be surprised the amount of work can be done on a 3.8. You have a pretty good engine to play with.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Well unforntuantly, most people that put alot of money into their V6's are still not satisfied with the performance they get. There are a few people on this bored that have done some major mods to their 6's and they may be very helpful on this subject. If your looking for speed, save up and get a V8. Use the V6 for styling, it gets good gas mileage. My buddy has a 99 RS with the factory body kit a catback and the double SS type exhaust in the rear, some sort of ram air intake deal, and a computer tune and his car is preddy damn quick. Ive seen him take on a few GT's.
        1995 LT1 bird
        10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
        275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
        agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
        6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

Comment

The only thing I would ever do to modify a V6 is supercharge it, or turbocharge it. Both are super expensive, but are the only things that would satisfy my hunger for power. A bolt on V6 won't make much power. Not really worth modding IMO. They were made for style and economy. Not power.
          97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I have to agree with Detroit... I have a v6 a long while ago ( about a year or two they came out) and started down the path of wanting to do upgrades. Needless to say after researching and asking .. I realized that no matter what I could do or wanted to do it would never be a v8. I sold the car .. saved my money and bought my TA. Never regretted ... I answered your question because you asked .. but if I were you .... save your money and get a v8 based f-body.
            97 TA, M6, JBA ceramic coated headers, Borla Cat-back exhaust, 1.6 RR, 160 Thermo, LT4 knock sensor, CAI, Bils, Hotchkis all around, GT rotors, B&M shifter, Magnecor wires, Granatelli MAF
            In the shop LT4 Intake and heads.

Comment

yeah im just 16 so gettin a v8 isnt gonna happen lol you cant exactly find a high payin job at 16, but yeah ive been workin on the looks of my car and i want a raptor hood but they are $600+ to get and i was just seein if there were little things i could do. really i just want to find out more about cars i like gettin on here and reading what you guys say even thogh i dont know what half of it means
              1998 black firebird

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." -Babe Ruth

Comment

Originally posted by demonlefty11
                really i just want to find out more about cars i like gettin on here and reading what you guys say even thogh i dont know what half of it means
                Everyone here has been there. This is how I learned what I know about cars. Reading these forums. When I was 16 I didn't know a chevy ranger from a ford firebird lol

I've built 3 engines in my day, do all my own mods, and I think I know a little about cars. Def. more knowledgeable than everyone I know my age. I learn more everyday on this forum. You will too bro.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
                X