suspension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension

I need some help on this question. Should I get adjustable lower control arms or get the fixed lower control arms and panhard bar? It will be a UMI performance package either way. Just not sure on which route to go. Any response will be greatly appreciated as always.
    slp longtube headers, slp y-pipe, high-flow cats, superchips programmer, slp 85mm air sensor, slp loudmouth exhaust, ws6 hood, slp cai, kn air filter, slp high-flow lid, smooth bellows, tb bypass, subframes, lca's, panhard bar, torque arm.

There's not much you can "adjust" with adjustable LCA's. It just moves the axle assembly forward or backward in the wheel openings. Will not change pinion angle, etc. I did use mine to move the wheels back a little in the wheel openings, but that was with 28" diameter slicks. Otherwise, no use.

The adjustable panhord rod is a better idea. It allows you to "center" the body side-to-side over the rear axle. If your car is lowered, or if you are trying to squeeze in really wide tires, its a useful piece. For the small extra cost, I'd recommend the double adjustable (does not need to be unbolted to "adjust").
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X