NFB: Z06 convertible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB: Z06 convertible?

I was under the impression all Z06's were hardtops, but I saw a C5 convertible the other day that had the Z06 brake ducts in front of te rear wheels. I didn't have a chance to look for badging or anything else, just saw those ducts. There's no chance this was a true Z06 on a convertible is there?
    Dave M
    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Nope. I've seen a few coupes and converts with the add ons.

Comment

there are a few legitimate Z06 hardtop to vert conversions out there, but they are major $$......a few months ago, a jerk in FL was trying to pass off a wrecked Z with a vert conversion as a rare and highly desireable car....he was nailed on the boards where he posted.......I hope he still has it, and has not taken advantage of someone.....

as far as the brake ducts, air intake screens, etc., all of those items can be purchased at many Vette sites, even the Z06 badge......I liked the way SLP handled the SS and Hawk parts, requiring the Vin for the sale
      DWS
      Silver M6 '95 Formula-sold to MCKNBRD

Zaino all the way!!

'03 Z06....Donaldson Blackwing, CAGS, '04 Z06 shocks, ceramic pads

Comment

There is supposedly some company out of Canada that was doing Z06 conversions to targa and convertible C5's. Rumor has it GM made them cease operations. Never know.... Could have been one of them.
        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Caravaggio does conversions...

far more likely that someone bought some brake ducts for their C5.
          Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Also, if memory serves me correctly, toward the end of the run of the C5 some of the verts left the dealer with those vents. Not sure whether it became standard from the factory or the dealer had them put on, but I know I've seen then-new C5's at the dealer with those vents.
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

There is a guy around here that takes his 'Z06 vert' to the local car shows. It was actually a new Z06 that was stolen from a dealer lot and rolled. He bought it and did the vert conversion. He has the pictures and documentation at the car shows from the work.

Comment

Working...
              X