Solstice Mystery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solstice Mystery

My source at a Pontiac dealership called this morning for me to come down and look at the new Soltice. He called me back a few minutes ago to let me know that the car was being immediately recalled back to the factory. The factory was sending out a special truck to reclaim the car, and he was told specifically NOT TO START IT!

Hmmm.
    The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

thats wierd man, but if there was really something that wrong with it, its better that you werent down there earlier, let us know if any more info pops up.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

They must have sent him the one with the LS6 twin turbo out of the C6 Lingenfelter Vette that they didn't want anybody to know would be available next year because nobody would buy the current model
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

dealers know about as much about the cars as the guys on the hundi forums.......

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by pete
          My source at a Pontiac dealership called this morning for me to come down and look at the new Soltice. He called me back a few minutes ago to let me know that the car was being immediately recalled back to the factory. The factory was sending out a special truck to reclaim the car, and he was told specifically NOT TO START IT!

Hmmm.
          Sounds to me like something broke and they no idea what is wrong with it.

Comment

Well its still sitting in the show room at the dealer this morning. Its all locked up. My contact has been sniffing around, but can't find out what's wrong with it. There are for the truck to pick it up and haul it back.

Its a sharp looking car! Sorta looks like a bug-eye sprite on steroids. Paint and finish is excellent, may look better with dual exhaust tips instead of the single tip for the 4 banger eco tech engine. Rummor of a factory supercharger.

There ja go!
            The Old Guy! '94 z-28, m-6, t-tops, go-fast red, 316k. Now with '96 engine w/ Lt-4 hot cam, roller rockers, heavy duty timing chain, and Spec stage 2 clutch.

Comment

What dealer is it sitting at? I may swing by to take a look.

Comment

Its a bit out of your way today, northern Ohio. I'm running around up here this week.

Comment

Working...
                X